Honored Contributor

Re: Oopsie at Kanye West Concert

On 9/14/2014 sidsmom said:

He's widely respected within the industry & has a ton of Grammys. He's innovative...and people are confused with that.

Instead of trying to understand and/or appreciate his work, it's just easier to hate.

I don't think he is as respected now as he was when he was first starting out.

Check out the terrible Bound 2 video...yuck!

Super Contributor

On 9/14/2014 Love my grandkids said:

MR. West? really? he's a total jerk.

And look at what he married...disgusting.
Esteemed Contributor

He's widely respected within the industry & has a ton of Grammys. He's innovative...and people are confused with that.

Instead of trying to understand and/or appreciate his work, it's just easier to hate.

People aren't confused. He acts like an a hole most of the time and they are responding to that.

I am a huge rap fan, I have been to hundreds of concerts from everyone to the Beastie Boys to Nas. It is my most favorite genre of music and I love all music.

I do think that he probably really isn't like this in real life and he was raised in a well educated household and lived in different places in the world and experienced different cultures.That is what makes it worse, he knows better. What he did to Taylor Swift was but one example of what a jerk he is.

I understand and appreciate his work and find him to be very talented but his "entertainment" personality leaves a lot to be desired. He is very narcissistic and thinks more highly of himself than anyone else could. People are put off by that. They don't need to understand or appreciate his work to realize that.

I am over these people who try to pretend they are so complex and highly intelligent that no one could possibly understand how they have to suffer for their art.

No one cares. They see the haughty way he acts and they don't want to know anymore because I can assure you there are much more talented people out there making music who also have a much more agreeable and appreciative attitude in general and towards their fans that they would much rather spend their money on or give their children money to spend their money on.

So why he tries to come off more complex than a rubiks cube, I and many other people will actually attend concerts and spend money on artists who actually appreciate their fans and have sense enough not to act like complete buffoons.

People who are secure in their talent don't have to pull stunts like he does to keep fans entertained, their music does that.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

Rapping is almost..lyrical. Freestyle rapping is an amazing art. Astronautalis is one my favs. Beck, Beastie Boys (yay..you too!), Missy E, Timbaland..anything produced by Rick Rubin. Their voice is their instrument. Love it.

A Grammy is the equivalent of an Academy Award...he has over 20.

Esteemed Contributor

Rapping is almost..lyrical. Freestyle rapping is an amazing art. Astronautalis is one my favs. Beck, Beastie Boys, Missy E, Timbaland..anything produced by Rick Rubin. Their voice is their instrument. Love it.

I love Rick Rubin too.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Super Contributor

On 9/14/2014 NC Bandwagon said:
On 9/14/2014 terrier3 said:
On 9/14/2014 NC Bandwagon said:
On 9/14/2014 terrier3 said:

It's an act, folks.

He grew up solidly middle class IN THE SUBURBS. His mom had a PhD & was chairman of an English department at a college before she became his manager.

It's all an act.

To be honest, terrier3, Kanye seemed to have gone downhill ever since he lost his mother. I heard that he was very close to her. After she passed away, that's when he started acting the way he did. Before that, never heard a thing about him.

Whether it's real or whether he's doing it on purpose for attention, I have no idea. But he really didn't start acting like this until after his mother passed away.

His mom was his manager...she probably kept him in line...they were very close and he was an only child.

I don't care for his music, but everyone who appreciates rap says it was MUCH better before.

I forget about that, Kanye's mother being his manager. I don't think he knew what to do with himself after he lost her. Not an excuse for his behavior, but it might explain some things.

I think I've heard some, SOME, rap songs that are decent. Not lately, though.

Kanye and Donda were extremely close. When Donda died Kanya was under G. Roberson and his company HHS78 for production and management.

When Donda died, it hit Kanye beyond hard. We had just finished up a big project with them.

Respected Contributor

Whenever I hear rap music that has good instrumentals, I think what a waste of everybody's time and talent. A talented singer with great vocals could have actually sung to it and turned it into something beautiful and pleasing to the ear.

Super Contributor

On 9/14/2014 ILikeShade said:

Whenever I hear rap music that has good instrumentals, I think what a waste of everybody's time and talent. A talented singer with great vocals could have actually sung to it and turned it into something beautiful and pleasing to the ear.

Hip hop is a huge money maker. Even country music embraced hip hop.

Respected Contributor

On 9/14/2014 SugarNSpice said:

For many people myself included, it changes nothing....rap sounds ugly, period.

Super Contributor

On 9/14/2014 SugarNSpice said:

For many people myself included, it changes nothing....rap sounds ugly, period.

That is why there are so many music genres. Smile

I don't like all music genres. There are a number I'll pass on. I get it.

But when we're talking about money. Hip hop is huge.