Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Oops...The Salmon Stuck to the Copper Chef

Didn't see this but I have the Copper Chef set that was a TSV.  I love the shallow square 12" pan.  This is the pan I use frequently, never at high heat, never been in the broiler or dishwasher and I have never used metal utensils.  Well after cooking burgers yesterday, while I was washing the pan, I noticed several small scratches on the interior.  Because I've never had any sticking problems and hand-wash with a dishrag, I was really taken aback.  I'm sure over time the scratches will get larger and the non-stick will no longer work.  Really disappointed because I took such good care of this pan. @grandma petes glad you posted and ignore the negativity.

Trusted Contributor

@SarahW you seem to be giving out orders yet you are not following what you want others to.

Esteemed Contributor

@grandma petes

I have one small pan that I use daily and that's likely the only one I will buy.

I've had many "nonstick" pans over the years and just replace them every so often.

With something like salmon, I would have put a tiny bit of oil or spray nonstick rather than just dropped it in the pan. 

But, that's just me.  I try to make things as easy for myself as possible!

Honored Contributor

Sprays can cause the quality of the non-stick feature to diminish.  Many brands recommend not using them. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

I think Eric tried to turn the salmon to soon. Meredith Lawerance make that comment all the time, that the salmon will tear if flipped to soon.

Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

Sprays can cause the quality of the non-stick feature to diminish.  Many brands recommend not using them. 

@Cakers3

Yea, I know, but I do it anyway Cat Happy

Normally, I spray and put a bit of oil/butter as I find the taste of anything is enhanced.  I'm talking maybe a few drops of something.