Honored Contributor

Re: Oops...The Salmon Stuck to the Copper Chef

havent had any problems with my copper chef pieces with any type of food, including salmon. highly recommend it for non stick cooking and easy clean up by hand or in the dishwasher. mine are going on at least two years now, maybe three.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@grandma petes

Was the interior supposed to be a non stick surface?

Valued Contributor

Deen Brothers makes nice cookware get that instead of copper cheap.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I saw that salmon incident; it was pretty funny and so obvious, even though they cut the camera off of him quickly but too late anyway. Lol. David did a great takeover though. He’s good.....I think it is a big deal because if I was planning on buying it, that would’ve changed my mind for sure. I bet that guy never demonstrates with salmon again. Haha
Valued Contributor

And maybe the only reason the blob of melted cheese didn’t burn and slid right out without sticking to the pan is because cheddar cheese is greasy when melted.
Trusted Contributor

@mamaslittlepotato wrote:
And maybe the only reason the blob of melted cheese didn’t burn and slid right out without sticking to the pan is because cheddar cheese is greasy when melted.

This is true...cheese doesn't stick to my cast iron pans either because it's like cooking in oil.  Eggs are more of an indicator of a pans non-stick properties to me (as is salmon apparently lol!)

Trusted Contributor

@makena wrote:

@grandma petes wrote:

@makena It’s just an observation, but I thought the forums are for sharing ideas and opinions. I don’t post much, but whenever I do, it seems like you feel the need to find fault with my posts. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but is it necessary to remark every time I post. Maybe, in the future, just scroll on by my post. I can certainly see why some posters have left these forums. Thank you, though, for taking the time to let me know that my posts are pointless.

You seem a little sensitive.  I don't get your above remarks. I honestly don't recall responding to your posts and finding fault.  Maybe you can remind me. 

But as you stated, they are just opinions and observations.  No right or wrong and no fault being pointed out.  I will tak your suggestion and "scroll on by" your posts.  But if you're gonna react in this mannger to anyone that doesn't completely agree with you, then I'm guessing you will not last..

@grandma petes where did she find fault?  I believe she asked what you meant about always finding fault with your posts.  Sounds like she was a little baffled.  If she is really offending you, maybe you can remind her of what posts you are speaking of so she can address the issue at hand.

Trusted Contributor

@Equuleus wrote:

@makena wrote:

@grandma petes wrote:

@makena It’s just an observation, but I thought the forums are for sharing ideas and opinions. I don’t post much, but whenever I do, it seems like you feel the need to find fault with my posts. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but is it necessary to remark every time I post. Maybe, in the future, just scroll on by my post. I can certainly see why some posters have left these forums. Thank you, though, for taking the time to let me know that my posts are pointless.

You seem a little sensitive.  I don't get your above remarks. I honestly don't recall responding to your posts and finding fault.  Maybe you can remind me. 

But as you stated, they are just opinions and observations.  No right or wrong and no fault being pointed out.  I will tak your suggestion and "scroll on by" your posts.  But if you're gonna react in this mannger to anyone that doesn't completely agree with you, then I'm guessing you will not last..

@grandma petes where did she find fault?  I believe she asked what you meant about always finding fault with your posts.  Sounds like she was a little baffled.  If she is really offending you, maybe you can remind her of what posts you are speaking of so she can address the issue at hand.

Why not DROP IT?   Is it necessary for you to continue the disagreement?   So much sniping on this forum; it's ridiculous. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Judaline wrote:

@grandma petes wrote:

I think it's a big deal @grandma petes. Thanks for telling us.

I agree.  If they are selling something that is supposed to be non-stick, and something sticks to it, it's a huge deal.  Then to not even address the issue, and act like it never happened, is dishonest.

In some people's eyes the Q can do no wrong.

Respected Contributor

@happycat wrote:

@ Montana wrote:

Experienced cooks know that food can stick to a too-hot 

pan, but inexperienced cooks might not know this. So it makes sense for novices in the kitchen to take the Copper Chef’s non-stick claims literally. Why wouldn’t they?

@ Montana, does your post mean that you don't think Eric is an experienced chef? I'm not taking CLAIMS literally, I just know that what David and Eric said was that NOTHING stuck, and what Eric cooked, obviously did.

@happycat, Sorry I wasn’t clear. Some posters here seemed to feel that since cooks know that high heat can cause food to stick to any pan, people should know better than to believe what Eric said about NOTHING sticking to these copper pans.

My point:  Everyone who watches the Copper Chef is not an experienced cook. He is supposed to be one. So why wouldn’t viewers believe what he says. David is a different story. And I used the word “claim” because Eric said something that is not true.

I’m on your side in this.