Trusted Contributor

Re: Oops...The Salmon Stuck to the Copper Chef

I did not see that, but that would have been awkward for sure.

I have never purchased a copper chef, but have been tempted many many times.

For some reason , I never ordered....probably because I cook, but I 100% absolutely hate it with a passion. 

Honored Contributor

If one is presenting the wonders of Copper Chef, then one should be aware not to have the pan too hot.  That is a given with non-stick pans.

We don't know if the pan was too hot but if it had been, then the presenter really didn't do a good job.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@grandma petes wrote:

@makena Maybe the pan was too hot, but the whole presentation focused on the non-stick quality of the pan.....both David and Eric said.....nothing will stick to this pan. Except of course Salmon...😊

Yes, and @grandma petesthey both said it over and over, even when it was obvious that the Salmon did stick. I live David, haven't watched Eric enogh to have an opinion, but to me this is a problem.

We are all entitled to our opinions and there was nothing wrong with your post, @grandma petes.

Respected Contributor

Experienced cooks know that food can stick to a too-hot 

pan, but inexperienced cooks might not know this. So it makes sense for novices in the kitchen to take the Copper Chef’s non-stick claims literally. Why wouldn’t they?

Honored Contributor

@makena wrote:

@grandma petes wrote:

@makena Maybe the pan was too hot, but the whole presentation focused on the non-stick quality of the pan.....both David and Eric said.....nothing will stick to this pan. Except of course Salmon...😊

Just not that big a deal is all. 

Maybe not to you @makena but for those of us who aren't familiar with these pans, @grandma petes did us all a service. Thank you Grandmapetes for your post. I have been very tempted to buy some of these pans.

Super Contributor

Would have been nice if they had admitted to it, and given a probable explanation of why it stuck.  Would have been very helpful.

Also, they could have shown that it still cleaned up easily.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ Montana wrote:

Experienced cooks know that food can stick to a too-hot 

pan, but inexperienced cooks might not know this. So it makes sense for novices in the kitchen to take the Copper Chef’s non-stick claims literally. Why wouldn’t they?

@ Montana, does your post mean that you don't think Eric is an experienced chef? I'm not taking CLAIMS literally, I just know that what David and Eric said was that NOTHING stuck, and what Eric cooked, obviously did.

Trusted Contributor

@grandma petes - I saw the salmon sticking to the pan also.  Ironically the same thing happened to me last week.  I have the 9 1/2 inch square pan and I sprayed my salmon with the EVO sprayer with oil.  My salmon was skin side down and I cooked it as long as I always did with my other pans.  When I went to flip it, it stuck to the pan and I had to scrape the skin off with a spatula.

Of course the cheese that he melted didn't stick because when he poured it out, you could see a lot of oil still left in the pan.  They put a lot of the CC sets on clearance recently.  I think they need to improve them. IMO they are not as non stick as they claim.

Respected Contributor

This post reminds me of a long, long time ago in QVC land (before they were even called The Q).  Jeffrey (dont call me Jeff)  Hewson used to always say -

Nothing sticks to T-Fal but good cooks Smiley Very Happy

Valued Contributor

My eggs stick like  glue  Ive tried real low heat  Doesnt matter  Also tastes like rubber