Esteemed Contributor

Re: Oops...The Salmon Stuck to the Copper Chef

@grandma petes wrote:

I was just watching the presentation of the Copper Chef Pans and it looks like the salmon stuck to the pan, but they cut away. I rewound it and you could see Eric look over at someone on the sidelines with an Uh-oh look on his face and then the Salmon was gone. I could see the piece he put in flesh side down was really stuck and he briefly tried to loosen it, but it wasn’t going to budge without some scraping. Gotta love live TV.

I saw that too, and was wondering if anyone else noticed it. The fact is, David and Eric are saying over and over again, how nothing sticks to the pan after they saw the salmon did stick. That may be a big deal to some folks, if people buy these pans thinking nothing is going to stick to them.

Respected Contributor

I don't have any Copper Chef pans but I do have two of Cooks Essentials which I love.  Used one tonight to cook bacon and all I had to do is clean it with paper towels. 

Esteemed Contributor

I remember not too long ago a peeler broke while they were using ti....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have several copper chef items and never had anything stick!  I have made salmon many times.  I also think the heat was too high and would probably have stuck on any type of pan.  I bet the cleanup would have been easy even if there was some sticking. 

I have baking pans that are guaranteed not to stick but stuff does stick - but what does seem like stuck stuff rinses right off and a quick swipe of the dishcloth and it is so easy with no scrubbing required.  Some seem to take everything so literally but no pan will resist sticking at too high of a temperature.   

Honored Contributor

I have Copper Chef pans and cook in them every day, including salmon.  I even heat my cheese directly in the pan and then dredge my burger roll onto it to release it for my cheeseburger.  Never had anything stick, ever, and I've had the pans for over two years now.

Someone probably got the fire/heat up too high.  Oh well, live TV will catch all mistakes. 

Honored Contributor

@grandma petes.............consider the source.  A lot of the snarky people on these forums do not have the courage to say snarky things to peoples faces, so they use these faceless posts to vent their nastiness.   Post when ever you want and voice your opinion (within QVC's guidelines) here and let the snarkies comments roll off your back like water off a duck.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

Food usually sticks if the pan is too cold! They may have started out w/o any preheating of the pan. Then may have upped the heat.

Nothing ever sticks for me, no matter what cooking surface I use -- as long as I preheat the pan, roaster, glass dish, crock pot, etc.....

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@grandma petes.............consider the source.  A lot of the snarky people on these forums do not have the courage to say snarky things to peoples faces, so they use these faceless posts to vent their nastiness.   Post when ever you want and voice your opinion (within QVC's guidelines) here and let the snarkies comments roll off your back like water off a duck.

Nice comment. Speaking from experience, there are more sweet people on these forums than unpleasant, hurtful posters. 

Trusted Contributor

@Imaoldhippie Thanks for your kind words. I love your “nic”. I’m an old hippie as well.😊

Honored Contributor

@grandma petes wrote:

@makena It’s just an observation, but I thought the forums are for sharing ideas and opinions. I don’t post much, but whenever I do, it seems like you feel the need to find fault with my posts. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but is it necessary to remark every time I post. Maybe, in the future, just scroll on by my post. I can certainly see why some posters have left these forums. Thank you, though, for taking the time to let me know that my posts are pointless.

I think it's a big deal @grandma petes. Thanks for telling us.