Trusted Contributor

Oops...The Salmon Stuck to the Copper Chef

[ Edited ]

I was just watching the presentation of the Copper Chef Pans and it looks like the salmon stuck to the pan, but they cut away. I rewound it and you could see Eric look over at someone on the sidelines with an Uh-oh look on his face and then the Salmon was gone. I could see the piece he put in flesh side down was really stuck and he briefly tried to loosen it, but it wasn’t going to budge without some scraping. Gotta love live TV.

Respected Contributor

Re: Oops...The Salmon Stuck to the Copper Chef

It happens.  Maybe the pan was too hot. 

Trusted Contributor

@makena Maybe the pan was too hot, but the whole presentation focused on the non-stick quality of the pan.....both David and Eric said.....nothing will stick to this pan. Except of course Salmon...😊

Respected Contributor

@grandma petes wrote:

@makena Maybe the pan was too hot, but the whole presentation focused on the non-stick quality of the pan.....both David and Eric said.....nothing will stick to this pan. Except of course Salmon...😊

Just not that big a deal is all. 

Highlighted
New Contributor

yeah, i'm afraid that copper chef is on the way out....it can't compare to the ceramic of curtis stone or the deen brothers...i have them all.

Honored Contributor

Oh no, I only use Copper Chef. Got rid of my other pans.  I haven’t cooked salmon in it though. Maybe the pan was too hot like other posters have suggested.

Trusted Contributor

@makena It’s just an observation, but I thought the forums are for sharing ideas and opinions. I don’t post much, but whenever I do, it seems like you feel the need to find fault with my posts. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but is it necessary to remark every time I post. Maybe, in the future, just scroll on by my post. I can certainly see why some posters have left these forums. Thank you, though, for taking the time to let me know that my posts are pointless.

Trusted Contributor

Yeah. Sigh. Most things stick on that copper chef pan. Clean up is a "joke" all right--on us. 

Respected Contributor

@grandma petes wrote:

@makena It’s just an observation, but I thought the forums are for sharing ideas and opinions. I don’t post much, but whenever I do, it seems like you feel the need to find fault with my posts. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but is it necessary to remark every time I post. Maybe, in the future, just scroll on by my post. I can certainly see why some posters have left these forums. Thank you, though, for taking the time to let me know that my posts are pointless.

You seem a little sensitive.  I don't get your above remarks. I honestly don't recall responding to your posts and finding fault.  Maybe you can remind me. 

But as you stated, they are just opinions and observations.  No right or wrong and no fault being pointed out.  I will tak your suggestion and "scroll on by" your posts.  But if you're gonna react in this mannger to anyone that doesn't completely agree with you, then I'm guessing you will not last..

Esteemed Contributor

@grandma petes wrote:

I was just watching the presentation of the Copper Chef Pans and it looks like the salmon stuck to the pan, but they cut away. I rewound it and you could see Eric look over at someone on the sidelines with an Uh-oh look on his face and then the Salmon was gone. I could see the piece he put in flesh side down was really stuck and he briefly tried to loosen it, but it wasn’t going to budge without some scraping. Gotta love live TV.

hi @grandma petes! That must have been so funny lol

I don't own a copper type pan; do you?

Poor salmon.

Poor Eric (whoever HE is)!

Have a great night.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett