Honored Contributor

Re: Oops, She Did It Again: Jessica Simpson’s A Train Wreck On HSN

Was Jennifer Hudson the celebrity brand, and the spokeswoman who didn't talk?  I remember she came on with her product at QVC and hardly said a word, the Host had to do ALL the talking, LOL  Maybe that is how all celebrity products should be shown.  LOL!

Valued Contributor

I watched some of the show and 4-5 videos. I didn't think she was as bad as many are saying. She did have some knowledge of each item. Other than her mother giggling, she wasn't that bad. Just because someone is a performer doesn't mean they are comfortable speaking. She definitely was "off". In one of the videos, Jessica said they ate twinkles in the green room. Her mom said something like that is why we are so silly. I'm sure it was more than that, but who knows. 

Honored Contributor

@AngelLove2 wrote:

I watched some of the show and 4-5 videos. I didn't think she was as bad as many are saying. She did have some knowledge of each item. Other than her mother giggling, she wasn't that bad. Just because someone is a performer doesn't mean they are comfortable speaking. She definitely was "off". In one of the videos, Jessica said they ate twinkles in the green room. Her mom said something like that is why we are so silly. I'm sure it was more than that, but who knows. 

I watched part of it too.  I, as well, didn't think she was terrible.  I think she acted very ditzy at times, but I think it's just part of her act.

Her mother acted fine. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

My my, Jessica on The List made the Daily Mail !

there a couple clips of the show and screenshots of poster's comments

on HSNs boards

good reason to never never never use a face pic as an Avatar :-o

I disagree- if I post something I have no problem putting my face to my words.  Nothing to hide or be afraid of is how I choose to live . Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Sure glad I am perfect - some of these comments just do not belong here.

Esteemed Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@AngelLove2 wrote:

I watched part of it too.  I, as well, didn't think she was terrible.  I think she acted very ditzy at times, but I think it's just part of her act.

Her mother acted fine. 

I totally agree with you. I also agree with your earlier post that you thought she may have been on Xanax and not drunk and some people do react that way on Xanax. To be honest, I have seen her many times and this wasn't out of character for her at all. She can act a little loopy or maybe ditzy but I think she is anything but. There has never been any talk of her abusing drugs or alcohol and I don't think she has a problem at all. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

Jessica has had NO history of alcohol abuse.  To say she was drinking is overstepping "boundaries".  I think she was nervous and was taking a benzo to calm her down.

She's used to singing in front of audiences and not selling.  She was defintiely out of her element selling. 

I don't know why some thought her mother acted odd.  Her mother acted as she did on every interview.  She was a bit "happy" but normal.

Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@AngelLove2 wrote:

Her mother acted fine. 

I totally agree with you. I also agree with your earlier post that you thought she may have been on Xanax and not drunk and some people do react that way on Xanax. To be honest, I have seen her many times and this wasn't out of character for her at all. She can act a little loopy or maybe ditzy but I think she is anything but. There has never been any talk of her abusing drugs or alcohol and I don't think she has a problem at all. 

Hi Irish.  I agree with what you are saying as well!  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

The videos are all over the internet.  If a celebrity needs to take Xanax to go on air to present her clothing and accessory line, then she needs to hire a rep, and NOT her mother.

The look on Colleen's face when Jessica was discussing her gray jeans and her sister sharing pants with her husband said it all.

Google her name a lot of articles come up mentioning her suspected pill dependence.  If all the articles are unsubstantiated, I have not read that she's suing any of the tabloids or celebrity sites.

Esteemed Contributor

@abbeythe 8th wrote:

The videos are all over the internet.  If a celebrity needs to take Xanax to go on air to present her clothing and accessory line, then she needs to hire a rep, and NOT her mother.

The look on Colleen's face when Jessica was discussing her gray jeans and her sister sharing pants with her husband said it all.

I you google her name a lot of articles come up mentioning her suspected pill dependence.  If all the articles are unsubstantiated, I have not read that she's suing any of the tabloids or celebrity sites.

Yes, I have seen those sites and none of them are what you call the touchstone of truth. I have never seen anything in a reliable site. Lots of people take Xanax for anxiety, she is hardly the first one and it takes many people several tries to get the right dosage because everyone reacts differently. I have seen no reason to think she has a serious problem because she has acted loopy and ditzy all along and if you have followed her at all you would see that seems to be part of her personality. She sold out almost everything she had so she didn't do too bad. As for Colleens face, I have seen much worse when she was presenting with Suzanne Somers and Lauren Hutton.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK