Valued Contributor

Re: Oops, She Did It Again: Jessica Simpson’s A Train Wreck On HSN

So painful and uncomfortable to watch.  What a mess!!  YUK!

KK

Esteemed Contributor

I think she was really nervous.  Maybe had a drink or two to calm her nerves and it had more of an effect than she expected.  Who knows?  At any rate, I felt sorry for her because she looked like she felt awkward and out of place.  Certainly it wasn't an ideal situation for her or the host, but I don't think it was quite as bad as some posters are making it sound.  If it was that awful, they would have pulled her off the air.  I agree that the host handled the situation very well.  

Respected Contributor

Can't stand her. Another talentless attention hog made famous for no reason.

I guess she's rich. That's all that matters, right? :-/

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Trusted Contributor

JS was a trainwreck. The items she was hawking, especially the UGLY cowboy boots, were way overpriced. The tops looked cheap, and the handbags were a rip-off. Why anyone would buy/wear her clothing and/or shoes is beyond me.

Trusted Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

She and her mother were both acting like clueless bimbos. I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. What an embarrassment. I would be very surprised if they get invited back by HSN for a return engagement.

That's because they are.

Honored Contributor

I just felt sad for her.She is another beautiful young women messed up by fame.I hope she sees her presentation later and gets herself together.

Esteemed Contributor

I have no idea if she was nervous, drunk, stoned or whatever. What I do know was that it was very uncomfortable to watch. I lasted about five minutes and I just changed the channel.

Respected Contributor

I've always found her trashy and attention starved. Why people like her is a mystery to me. She's always divulging TMI about herself, her husband, and her ex. She needs to grow up.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

@brii wrote:

Why is Steve Bryant making claims she's stoned or inebriated? 

I didn't see Jessica, but I find it odd that Steve Bryant is weighing in on this.

I think Steve Bryant has an ax to grind with all home shopping because he can't seem to make it anywhere.  God forbid someone would say something about him.  He'd go off the rails and has in the past.

I watched a little of the show and the reason I didn't watch more was because I couldn't.  I tried to give JS the benefit of the doubt but man, that was painful and an embarrassment.  From the minute she and her mom walked out, things were bad.

She came out and stood right in front of the rack of clothing so Colleen had to pull things off the rack around JS and her mom.  She had her hand on her hip like she was posing for a photo and she fiddled with her awful extensions. She was ill-prepared, had no idea what to say about her clothing, how to describe it and was not well spoken at all and her mom wasn't much better.

What really irritated me was that no info. about the clothing was being given either.  No colors, no sizing, no fabric, care instructions, etc.  Now as I said I didn't watch much so maybe that changed as the show went on.     

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JJsMom wrote:

I've always found her trashy and attention starved. Why people like her is a mystery to me. She's always divulging TMI about herself, her husband, and her ex. She needs to grow up.

Where do you see her doing all of this?  I honestly haven't heard a peep about JS until I saw her last night on HSN.  Oh wait, there were the few WW commercials I saw her in.  Otherwise, nada.   Just asking.  Don't want this to come off as snarky.  Maybe I'm out of the loop.  LOL