Respected Contributor

Oooh those were the days.

[ Edited ]

My home alone Sunday - just watched Rolling Stones last night's concert - fabulous of course, but saw photos of all their trucks lined up which carries all the equipment and all Roadies who work the magic.

Made me feel so homesick.  Oh to be, again, on one of those midnight runs, sleeping when you can on floor of truck amidst all the band's gear got to get to next venue, set up, faster, faster, sound check, lighting, merchandising, etc.   Show on then off we go again.

DH just home so I ask.  Have we got one more tour to work left in us?  His reply - bl--dy hope so looks like London next year if it goes through!

Better get my knitting done - see my other Sunday thread - yahoo!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Oooh those were the days.

I used to work those venues in the day. Quite fun, paid well. Often on the clock for days at a time. Make sure you present your holographic backstage pass!

Showco out of Vegas was the transport trucking company of choice for many Vegas acts here in the US.

Good wishes on your trip to the UK!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Snowpuppy  Hard work, as you say, no clocking out time! for all our roadies but they save their per diems until the end of tour then home with their hard earned loot!

I bet Vegas was very busy you earned your wage.

Honored Contributor

I'm excited for you and your husband and your next "Roadie Trip."

Enjoy it and stay well when you descend into that madness again.

Honored Contributor

Yahoo!  Good for you @dulwich!.  Love hearing people fulfilling their dreamsHeart

Respected Contributor

@dulwich What an exciting experiences you must have had! I had no idea the lady sitting home knitting and getting lost in her TV was someone who had the talent and energy to pull off a major tour.

Please let us know who, what, where, and when once the tour is announced. It sounds like an exciting new year is in your future.