Honored Contributor

'Only secure content is displayed' popping up

For the past couple or so days, this has been popping up only on QVC site:  'Only secure content is displayed'.    ..... There is an option to click onto 'Show all content'.   .......... Now, why would I want to see content that isn't secure?  .....Doesn't make much sense (to me, anyway).  I have to keep X-ing it out.   But it is very annoying.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Re: 'Only secure content is displayed' popping up

@ROMARY

I've had the same problem for the last 2 days. Every click I make on the forums, generates this same message constantly, I'm sick of it too and this haphazard website that I now have NO confidence in.

I removed my CC and will make NO further purchases here until they can fix this pathetic website.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@ROMARY  I was getting that message yesterday when I logged in with Explorer (it didn't do it with Chrome).  Then today when I logged in I got a message from my Trend Micro Office Scan that spyware had been removed from my computer just as I had logged in here.  If I didn't have a really good anti-virus, I wouldn't even consider coming to this website anymore.

Laura loves cats!
Frequent Contributor

Tools>>>Internet options>>>Security tab, Custom level>>>Scroll to: Display mixed content>>>Enable>>>OK Restart IE.
Honored Contributor

It's becoming worse today.  I'll try the previous suggestion posted by a poster here.  In the meanwhile, Just order everything by phone until they straighten it out.  Tell the order operator, if possible, that you don't want your email address to be associated with your order.  Well, that's all I can think of right now.  Hope they straighten it out.   Very annoying.  This site only, so it isn't my computer.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ROMARY

This according to Microsoft regarding this message:

"This message is telling you that there may be both secure and non-secure content on the page. Secure and non-secure content, or mixed content, means that a webpage is trying to display elements using both secure (HTTPS/SSL) and non-secure (HTTP) web server connections. This often happens with online stores or financial sites that display images, banners, or scripts that are coming from a server that is not secured. The risk of displaying mixed content is that a non-secure webpage or script might be able to access information from the secure content."

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2625928/-only-secure-content-is-displayed-notification-in-i...

No way am I going to try to circumvent this message with the above 'solution' in post #4 to make the message go away, when it doesn't fix the problem that exists with displaying mixed content from a secure and a non-secure server.

There's a reason we are getting this message and QVC needs to FIX IT! We were not getting it before this site starting having so many problems lately.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

@Lesa wrote:

@MillieMilan

@MillieMilan wrote:
Tools>>>Internet options>>>Security tab, Custom level>>>Scroll to: Display mixed content>>>Enable>>>OK Restart IE.

Thank you. That worked for me. Woman Happy

The only "problem" it fixed was getting rid of the message that there's a problem, it didn't fix the actual problem.

See post #6 for what this message means.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, IG.  I'm not going to allow "mixed" content, so I won't be using that solution.   That would mean that I would allow both secure and non-secure content.  (That solution does say something about Display mixed content.)  (Right?)   ..........  Anyway, I started another thread over on Suggestions.  I'm thinking/hoping that 'they' will read that thread more quickly than this one over here.  

Frequent Contributor

@MillieMilan wrote:

VERY BAD ADVICE.