Respected Contributor

Re: Only kind remarks please BUT I WONDER WHY

[ Edited ]

It seems there are a lot of nasty people who don't know how to properly discuss politics. I was in debate in high school, so it depresses me that so often political discussions these days devolve almost immediately into arguing versus intelligently discussing some topic--presenting a sound thesis statement with appropriate facts to back it up and then having an interesting discussion based on those facts. Along the way in a good discussion, someone with another opinion can present a different thesis and back that one up with other facts. A good discussion focuses on the real facts and not on feelings. These days, in contrast, there seems to be a lot of anger and the citing of long-since-debunked "facts" as inaccurate "proof" of some immovable belief. This happens on all sides. Best to keep it off of QVC's site-- and avoid such arguments on other sites!

Super Contributor

The Amazon political discussion area is the place to hang out

during these trying times!

♥chocolate lover ♦ audiobook junkie♥
Trusted Contributor

Amazon where people buy eveything?  You know I have not hear about Zappo's in a long long time.

Esteemed Contributor

I' ve seen this forum get ugly with posters commenting on a subject that seems pretty bland.....

After being on here awhile, I also see that some have vendettas against other posters and will go after them whenever they post...

I am glad QVC keeps the boards the way they do.....

Esteemed Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

It seems there are a lot of nasty people who don't know how to properly discuss politics. I was in debate in high school, so it depresses me that so often political discussions these days devolve almost immediately into arguing versus intelligently discussing some topic--presenting a sound thesis statement with appropriate facts to back it up and then having an interesting discussion based on those facts. Along the way in a good discussion, someone with another opinion can present a different thesis and back that one up with other facts. A good discussion focuses on the real facts and not on feelings. These days, in contrast, there seems to be a lot of anger and the citing of long-since-debunked "facts" as inaccurate "proof" of some immovable belief. This happens on all sides. Best to keep it off of QVC's site-- and avoid such arguments on other sites!

THe problem is that people cannot even agree on what the "facts" are.  ONe person's facts are someone else's "faux news".  YOu cannot possibly have a intelligent discussion about anything unless you can agree on the absolute accuracy of a statement of a fact and that is getting almost impossible to do.

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I' ve seen this forum get ugly with posters commenting on a subject that seems pretty bland.....

After being on here awhile, I also see that some have vendettas against other posters and will go after them whenever they post...

I am glad QVC keeps the boards the way they do.....

Toilet paper, shoes in the house and to wear hosiery or not come to mind!

Super Contributor

The fact that you have to tell people in your post to be kind with their remarks is a clue to why there is no political discussion forum. People can't even be nice in a shopping channel forum. I belong to a makeup page on FB that is highly monitored for "mean girls" but things manage to get heated sometimes anyway. It's human nature.  

Honored Contributor

Doesn't everyone who has a computer have a news feed?    I have local, national and international....................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@IMissSuperPoke wrote:

It seems like a race to be the first to post when someone dies here.

You got that right!!!!!!!!!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I think when post, you get what you get...lol   A political or news forum would never work.  That's just not the nature of this board.  Yes, it is a shopping board but we do discuss other things and somehow even an innocent thread about  something like hair color can get all nasty and argumentative and the mods have to shut it down.  Years ago, we could discuss politics and it did not go well...lol  At times, I'd like to see the mods lighten up but banning political and religious discussions is the right way to go to keep the peace.