Respected Contributor

Only here can we celebrate Black Friday and it's not even a Friday!

It's a Tuesday, Americans have seen the green shopping light and off to the internet we go.  Then we have other retailers thinking, hey, if Amazon can do it, maybe we should do it and they also have Black Friday deals.

I'm not sure how many deals can be had, sounds like a clean out the warehouse day and oh, let's make room for all the Fall/Winter merchandise coming in but heck, it's America and let us celebrate. 

I must be a party pooper because I didn't celebrate and I think the only dollars I spent were on a McDonald's coffee and sorry that was only a dollar today.

I'm just burnt out with all the sales, call it what you want but I'm saving my pennies for the real Black Friday.

Honored Contributor

i didnt buy anything today, but i DID pay a bunch of bills.....personal and business. Smiley Wink keeping america moving along by paying my debts. lol

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I bought my granddaughter a bunch of Barbies, Kens and clothes but only because it is a birthday gift.  The entire stuff was about $100.  I don't think I saved any money.

Funny thing is that if I'd ordered something worth at least $20 from Alexa (I have one), I'd get $10 off.  I couldn't even find anything I wanted.  Needed never stopped me, I'm talking about something I WANTED.

All everyone does is move prices around.  If you think about it something can be cut as much as 75% and they STILL make a profit off of it......

Honored Contributor

You know sometimes I think about the differences in living in this country vs other countries.

Here we are, so many things going on, people not having enough to eat, people dying and every news show makes sure they devote an enormous amount of time to the new American craze Poke'mon.

I know it's news and I absolutely love my country, but sometimes it all seems so superficial.

Honored Contributor

Hmmmm... seems like the 'real' Black Friday has become a bit of an 'only in America' myth too...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@Just Bling, what not even a $8 lobster roll? 

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

You know sometimes I think about the differences in living in this country vs other countries.

Here we are, so many things going on, people not having enough to eat, people dying and every news show makes sure they devote an enormous amount of time to the new American craze Poke'mon.

I know it's news and I absolutely love my country, but sometimes it all seems so superficial.

I sometimes think we pay way too much attention to trivia. I try to keep up with the news, but it seems people care more about their sports teams than real issues, it's discouraging. And then this election year is so ugly and polarizing... I think I 'd better go to bed, it's making my head hurt.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

It's just a sale with a catchy name.  I picked up something I had been looking for at a good price.  

Esteemed Contributor

I don't shop Amazon.

Tried it 2 or 3 times & closed my account.  They have a lousy search feature. I could rarely find what I was looking for just by browsing.