Respected Contributor

Re: Only Eight Years Old and already a Social Media Star....

i won't click on the video because I don't want to help them make money. they don't care what anybody thinks about them as long as you look at them on social media they make money

Honored Contributor

That's not the kind of "social awareness" I would teach my child.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

The Kardashians may have found a way to get rich so more power to them. But there is something about them that bothers me.  I avoid them and their products like most people avoid the plague.

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom   I also wonder what being a star at 8 will do for the kids --  it seems to me North is just one of many kids 10 and younger who have successful social media sites.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@beach-mom   I also wonder what being a star at 8 will do for the kids --  it seems to me North is just one of many kids 10 and younger who have successful social media sites.

@millieshops - You're right! So many and so young. I guess it's like the child stars we grew up with. So many of them had problems. I just hope they have parents who keep them grounded. In North's case I don't think that is the case. She has a loving family, but she's also been a star since she was born. She will never be able to relate to the real world.

Esteemed Contributor

Hmmm.  This was bound to happen.

I did find the Rudolph video a tad salacious (beyond precocious).  Unintended, sure, but it's how it might be viewed that disturbs me.

Oh well.  Sometimes when I'm really bored I tune in to what the KJs are doing.  Just another chapter in the book.

Cogito ergo sum
Trusted Contributor

The whole idea of their kids being exploited on social media is sickening to me. Those kids don't have a chance at a normal life. That is very sad. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honestly this is just what kids do these days.  I have a young niece who has built up several social media accounts and then sold them to another kid who wanted her follower numbers.  It's an outright business. Very smart and lucrative for the kids who understand entreprenuership.

And what she is doing is dancing to popular tunes in blow up animal costumes completely hidden from view and cleaning her room. No one knows who she is and apparently it is very lucrative to put out cleaning videos for kids. I guess the parents just don't teach it anymore so they're fascinated and she racks up followers.

I would rather she was out riding a bike too but it's just a different generation and their version of play time.     

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am glad my 8 year granddaughter likes going to the movies to see Sing 2, and ice skating and doing her gymnastics and having sleepovers.......That is what being a kid should be. They have plenty of time later on for social media, and the internet!

There is such a thing as growing up too fast!

But I am not surprised at all!

Esteemed Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I am glad my 8 year granddaughter likes going to the movies to see Sing 2, and ice skating and doing her gymnastics and having sleepovers.......That is what being a kid should be. They have plenty of time later on for social media, and the internet!

There is such a thing as growing up too fast!

But I am not surprised at all!

I wholeheartedly agree @CANDLEQUEEN 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life