Trusted Contributor

Re: Online Sales For Closed Stores- What I Want To Know!

t.j.maxx sent out an email that said they will be accepting returns up to 40 days after reopening 

Respected Contributor

@freakygirl wrote:

t.j.maxx sent out an email that said they will be accepting returns up to 40 days after reopening 

This also applies to Marshalls, Home Goods, Sierra and Home Sense. The email I received says you can make in-store returns within 30 days of reopening and online returns within 40 days of reopening. 

Honored Contributor

I do most of my online shopping at Macy's. I haven't heard anything yet re: their extending the returns time-frame for internet orders. Hopefully it will be similar to those already mentioned here.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is why I returned an item or two promptly to B&M stores early last week.

I will have to go to the post office later this week to make one return. Just one more reason why I am not ordering anything from the Q or other online retailers unless it's something I need and know I will not be returning, like the AL vitamins I ordered last week.. I do not want to be stuck here with return items.

I agree with an earlier post that I will not buy gift cards to a store or restaurant at this time because of the uncertainty as to whether they will still be in business once this all passes. Sad but true.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@scatcat. Where did you get your info about N. Rack? I am thinking of making a purchase from there and what you say is just what I'm looking for! I'll check their website.

I don't think an over-the-phone response from a customer service rep is reliable. It's possible to get 2 different answers from two different people for one thing, and I'd have no proof of what I was told. I'd much rather see it in writing in an email from the company itself, such as all the emails I've received about their temporary closings, as Pecky is saying. I haven't seen returns mentioned in the closings announcements I have received thus far, although I didn't get an email from the Rack.

@Pearlee 

On their homepage top right corner.  Extended 45 day return policy. Click on it. HTH

Honored Contributor

@scatcat Thank you!
@queendiva. I did that too -made a couple of in-store returns right before they closed (Kohl's and Ulta).
Respected Contributor

Macy's has extended their return policy for 30 days.