Super Contributor

Re: Online Retailers Getting Very Stingy

[ Edited ]

Nordstrom is still free S&H. Plus good, sometimes great customer service!! 

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Eee gad just go to you local merchant and shop in person!! I would never pay for shipping! I live rural so online shopping is a lot more convenient but I won't do it if I have to. I much rather shop local. Supporting my own businesses is a big priority for me. 

@ID2 I would WAY rather pay for shipping than drag around town looking for something THEN after hours and miles not find what I want. I'm sorry but with all there is out there, times are changing.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

Eee gad just go to you local merchant and shop in person!! I would never pay for shipping! I live rural so online shopping is a lot more convenient but I won't do it if I have to. I much rather shop local. Supporting my own businesses is a big priority for me. 

@ID2 I would WAY rather pay for shipping than drag around town looking for something THEN after hours and miles not find what I want. I'm sorry but with all there is out there, times are changing.

@Sooner, my thoughts, too.   I don't care about refunding the shipping; nice perk if they do, though.  But I don't expect a store that I drive to to refund my gas for driving both ways to purchase and return if I do decide to take it back, and at four bucks a gallon where I live, that adds up fast.

Now if it is defective or they send the wrong item, different story.  But if I just don't like it, it doesn't fit, wrong color, oh well.  That's a chance I took.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Sundance.

@rms1954   I've heard stories before about people having problems shopping there.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

@Sooner   Yes, I guess sometimes you just shop online if necessary. Most stores don't carry same merchandise in petites, but do online.

Honored Contributor

Sundance is a total headache considering how expensive they are. 

Valued Contributor

This thread is about Sundance. I shop online 90% of the time. I don’t see negative changes from online retailers where I shop.
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

@Sooner, ID2 has shared on the forums that she herself owns a business, so I guess that would enter into her decision to shop local.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

@Sooner, ID2 has shared on the forums that she herself owns a business, so I guess that would enter into her decision to shop local.

@Trinity11 Of course I understand and support that.  I support local small businesses, but for clothing, it's online only.  Local small shops don't cater to my taste and size, and I'm not about to plough through the mess at Dillards.

I hate that local hardware stores and other such small shops don't exist, but the US customer only wants the cheapest thing they can find and lots of it over neighbors having jobs.  I can't change the world, so it is what it is.  A shame. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

@Trinity11 Of course I understand and support that.  I support local small businesses, but for clothing, it's online only.  Local small shops don't cater to my taste and size, and I'm not about to plough through the mess at Dillards.

I hate that local hardware stores and other such small shops don't exist, but the US customer only wants the cheapest thing they can find and lots of it over neighbors having jobs.  I can't change the world, so it is what it is.  A shame. 

@Sooner...I am with you all the way and concur. I haven't been able to do a quarter of what I used to do due to some health challenges and I don't know what I would do without on-line shopping.

I just wanted to share that this particular poster supports local shopping because she has an interest in it herself.