Esteemed Contributor

Re: Online Purchasing Perils

I agree with @Spurt.... order early for Christmas

Esteemed Contributor

@songbird Love Amazon customer service.  Always treated well. And Zulily is wonderful as well. Always willing to please and to help and make things right.

Valued Contributor

@ Montana wrote:

Last year I had a cluster of problems with Amazon. All with local delivery. The worst was them claiming they couldn’t locate my address - the only one I’ve ever used at Amazon. Just crazy.

Until this happened to me, I had no idea there were so many complaints against them. The complaints are still on the internet even though Amazon took down their forums,

So yes, even Amazon has problems. I feel the difference is their stellar customer service.  Many retailers fail to realize the importance of good customer service. In my opinion, a major misstep.

Amazon has been crowd-sourcing delivery similar to Uber. Anyone with a car and some time on their hands can sign up to deliver packages for Amazon. You go to an Amazon warehouse, fill up your trunk and off you go. 

I was waiting for several Amazon packages one day when my account was flagged "Delivery address doesn't exist." I called their customer service and was told to wait several days and the packages would probably eventually arrive. They did. But it lessened my confidence in Amazon.  

Valued Contributor

I order tons from online.  Since I choose to do that, I understand things happen.  I just relax.  I will eventually get it, if not, I can be given a refund.  Material things are just that.  There is far much worse things happening.