Honored Contributor

I would also check the IRS.gov website, they may have a FAQ/Q&A section that may mention your problem.

You may have better luck with their website than getting someone on the phone.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Super Contributor

@qvcaddition @sann ..Yes I do get SS and I kinda thought I would get a check but just thought I would do the online thing anyway...so hopefully I will get check..thx.. will have to wait and see and I did check the 'facts' and nothing was mentioned about entering wrong info..

Respected Contributor

I have no advice but feel your frustration. I hate it when things like that happen. I hope it get straightened out.

Super Contributor

@Marp..I looked now at the bottom of my routing slip and it does say 'do not use deposit ticket routing # for automatic payments"...so we will see...just mistake on my part..

Respected Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

My bank informed me that if you get your SS check direct deposit, the check would come that way.  I don't expect to get anything because I don't have to pay taxes.  Very low income.

@qvcaddition Even if you don't have to file taxes, you should still receive the payment if your income is below the thresholds.

Esteemed Contributor

@qvcaddition  if you get SS, you will get 1,200, which would be deposited into your Bank Account.

Honored Contributor

Is there any sort of a schedule for the distribution of the checks

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@89135   You should be able to go in and correct information right away.  What online site did you use to file.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Thamks to everyone for the replies.  It would be a god sent.  Spent a lot on food this month.  I have been fortunate that sons are shopping for me, but not where i normally shop and get better prices.  Spent more in a month than six months on food.  Just very lucky to get it and for them, so the money will help to offset.  The stores have increased their prices.  One store I go to get an item that cost 2.39, my son got for 5.99.  Becuase of my age, I don't go out except to walk the dog.  It's just something we have to put up with.  I would really be in trouble if I didn't have them. The stores I go to don't do delivery.

Respected Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

My bank informed me that if you get your SS check direct deposit, the check would come that way.  I don't expect to get anything because I don't have to pay taxes.  Very low income.

@qvcaddition, you receive social security so I think you will get a stimulus check. I don't think it matters if you don't pay taxes. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.