Honored Contributor

Hope that wears out it's welcome on Monday.  

Hogging the whole day.

Honored Contributor

Seems like we have these power source devices way too often.  Surely everyone in America who wants one has one by now.  I wonder how many customers they lose with their long, boring presentation?  I haven't had QVC on all day.  Maybe the new CEO loves them because he's been in the industrial supply business and is fami!AR with them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I'm very confused as to why people buy these kinds of power stations. What happens when you lose power and the thing gets drained of all of it's juice? Then what? How do you recharge it w/o any electricity?! That's why I own a gas generator...just refill the tank and go.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I'm very confused as to why people buy these kinds of power stations. What happens when you lose power and the thing gets drained of all of it's juice? Then what? How do you recharge it w/o any electricity?! That's why I own a gas generator...just refill the tank and go.

@SilleeMee 

You could recharge from your car, or they had a model with solar panels as an option.

I was interested in it because it could be used inside the house and didn't need the gas and maintenance those models entail.  However, when I checked the details and answers to some of the questions, I saw I couldn't use it for the few things I wanted.  It was very limited.  No way I would spend that amount of money for what it actually would power.

Respected Contributor

Too much time spent on all TSV in my book...how about more items in a show.   The specials are not that special.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette 

Thanks for that explanation. I suspected you could recharge the thing like you said.

Just recently I bought a gas inverter generator which uses both gasoline and a big battery to give me power. Not exactly sure how it works but it's more fuel efficient than a regular gas generator. I won't be using or needing it much so maintenance will be at a minimum. But I can see where, if you used a gas generator often, it would need to be maintained...like a car! lol!

Honored Contributor

Prior to the installation of our whole house generator, we used 2 smaller portable power stations during short power outages.   We used them to keep phones charged, toast bread, power a small lamp and radio, and never had to use it long enough to drain it completely .   Friends borrowed our power stations to use on a camping trip.   

The OneUp power cube would be ideal for camping trips, outdoor family reunions, or for parents to tote along when they attend their child's all day sports activities.   This cube is more powerful than our 2 units and would be quite useful in an outage situation.  

Honored Contributor

Re: OneUp power

[ Edited ]

@RedTop wrote:

Prior to the installation of our whole house generator, we used 2 smaller portable power stations during short power outages.   We used them to keep phones charged, toast bread, power a small lamp and radio, and never had to use it long enough to drain it completely .   Friends borrowed our power stations to use on a camping trip.   

The OneUp power cube would be ideal for camping trips, outdoor family reunions, or for parents to tote along when they attend their child's all day sports activities.   This cube is more powerful than our 2 units and would be quite useful in an outage situation.  

I have a power station in my house which is an "uninterrupted power supply" (UPS). It will keep my laptop, wi-fi router and internet phone running for a straight continuous 72 hours before it needs charging...I don't use my laptop for a continuous 72 hours so it can last longer than that if I conserve. The rest of my stuff needs a regular generator.