Respected Contributor

Re: One talent you wish you had.......

My Mother was gifted with amazing artistic, sewing, cooking  skills.  Not one bit of it rubbed off on me, so artistic skill would be my choice.

But I have other abilities which have served me well.

Trusted Contributor

I wish I had a fraction of the creative talent that my mother had before she became so ill.

She sewed almost everything that we wore herself, the only items bought retail were socks, shoes, & undergarments. When we lived in Canada, she told me that at the church we attended, us kids were always beautifully dressed, I looked like a doll with perfect outfits, perfect hair, etc (I have pictures of my 3,4,5 year old self wearing the clothing that she'd made for me) The women in the church were paying her to custom make clothing for their children.

She also knitted & crocheted, I still have several of her afghans stored in a large, heavy gauge ziploc bag for protection. When she worked at Motorola, her co-workers were paying  $300 per afghan for her to make afghans made to their specifications.

She also took ceramic classes & became so proficient in that, she bought a kiln for firing the pieces once they'd been painted. She was custom making pieces for her co-workers. They'd tell her what they wanted, she'd get the greenware, paint the item (s) & then fire it. The cost of the item depended on how big it was & how long it took her to complete it. If Etsy had existed when my mother was younger, she would have made a fortune.

This woman was also a great baker & cook. That stopped when we got older & were able to fend for ourselves, then she cooked for Thanksgiving, Christmas, & New Year

She passed down things that I don't want (genetic defects in my DNA) I wish she'd passed down her creative & artistic talents to me via her DNA.

Esteemed Contributor

@kelsey17, same for me, I've always wanted to sing and play the piano 

Respected Contributor

I wish I could sing too.  An expressive voice is a wonderful gift.

Honored Contributor

Instantaneous lie detection.

Honored Contributor

A couple years ago I had a very realistic dream that I could sing. I had a beautiful voice. I was so disappointed when I woke up and realized that I still had no singing talent whatsoever.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Writer, a talented writer. I've always struggled to get the right words out. It would be a dream to be able to spew the language on paper without effort and have it all be so well understood without question.

Honored Contributor

Play musical instruments.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can't dance and I can't sing ... but I don't particularly wish I could do those things.

My sister and I have great fun singing duets and driving the rest of the family nuts!  (She can't sing either.)

Honored Contributor

Invisibility

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G