Esteemed Contributor

Re: One of the best days of my life!

[ Edited ]

Omigoodness, @Shorty2U, I saw Ringo and his All Starr band last night in Cincinnati with my husband and it was one of the best nights of my life too!!  

I've been obssessing on it and going to youtube all day.  I remember very well when the Beatles were the biggest thing in the world and Ringo was always my favorite.  I never thought I would see him in person. I am SO not worthy, LOL. 

We had great seats in the PIT section and toward the end of the concert, they inviited us up to the front edge of the stage to stand.  You didn't have to ask me twice.  I went running like a teenager, LOL. My hubby and I were thrilled to say the least.  

The venue also had a private wine tasting prior to the event that we attended and that was pretty great too as we went in loaded up with a nice little buzz, LOL.   

Everyone was great, I loved hearing the Rundgren, Toto, Santana and Mr. Mister songs too. What a great line up.  

Every song was a keeper but the rendition of Africa was my favorite.  They went all out on it and brought the house down.  Amazing.  Everyone was great on their own songs and on everyone else's songs too.  There was no phoning in by anyone.  They all gave it everything they had every time.  You could see they all respected and enjoyed each other and playing together.  I was so impressed.  

We gave special kudos to Todd Rundgren.  He was all over the place and seemed to play any instrument that needed playing.

Such a good show.  I would recommend anyone to go see it.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Glad you enjoyed it.  I once saw Paul McCartney and Wings many years ago and we had front line seats center stage.  You couild reach out and touch him.  Was a great concert.  Will never forget that one either.  

Honored Contributor

@Shorty2U

I'm so happy that you are so happy!

That is what life is all about isn't it?

To enjoy something so much, and then to double the enjoyment by sharing it with people who love it as much as you do!

What great memories, for you of course, but your granddaughter will talk about it for the rest of her life, and tell her own grandkids about it someday. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shorty2U I'm so happy you had such a wonderful day!

We really do have to cherish those moments, don't we?  Heart

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett