Respected Contributor

Re: One of the best days of my life!

Great! How exciting. Saw The Beatles twice, I was 12. At Shea Stadium, and Forest Hills, this was in their infancy, 

they were helicoptered out. You could only hear screaming at the concert.

A friend and I cut school 6th grade and waited outside the Hotel Americana where The Beatles were staying.

None of these places exist any longer. 

My father waited in the parking lot for us the entire concerts, he was a milk driver for big commercial stores up 

late 3 am. What love! How fortunate I've been in my life.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shorty2U  Good for you! I've never seen Ringo in concert but friends have and he's gotten only positive, rave reviews.  Plus, he's always struck me as a very nice person.   Why did you have tears during the concert, I wonder?  

I have seen McCartney in concert twice and have a ticket for his newest, current tour for later this summer.   Can't wait.  I saw him just a few months ago on his previous tour and it was the best evening of my life.  It's mind-blowing to see a real Beatle in person, performing the songs he wrote and telling stories of the circumstances of writing the song.  I've seen so many Beatles Imitation bands that I still can't believe seeing a real Beatle in person.  I too saw them on the Ed Sullivan show and I'll never forget that first show especially.   And yes, here over 50 yrs. later, the living Beatles are still touring and still great.    I've seen many video clips of them first coming to America and being asked by reporters how long they think they'll last.   The answers are so funny in retrospect. George says in one clip "we'll be lucky if we last three months."  And now...over 50 yrs. later.....  it's incredible.  

Glad you saw Ringo.  I've been really happy at the McC. concerts to see so many young people there.  I know their parents have brought them up right! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I had one of those days myself......when i was young i saw Bonnie Raitt who i adored in concert and was only rows away from the stage...i was thrilled.....years went by i had a family and my two girls heard years of singing, playing, and enjoying Bonnie..............they also learned to like her too!!  About 2 years ago she came to the area and i bought 3 tickets and the three of us went and 30+ years later she still sounded great voicewise and my girls enjoyed her as much as i did and again we got seats maybe 4-5 rows away from her on stage......................so glad you and your grandchild could enjoy Ringo in the same way............those days we don't forget!

Trusted Contributor

What a wonderful day, and your enthusiasm was contagious.  I'm sure that it was one of your granddaugher's best days, also.  

Esteemed Contributor

I was 23 yrs old and living in NY when I first saw the Beatles on the Ed Sullivan show. They're perfection. I do understand how excited u r --- especially knowing ur granddaughter shares ur happiness.

Respected Contributor

@Shorty2U

It's nice to read you enjoyed yourself.  It must be a relief to know you proved to yourself that you can go out in public and not worry about your back.  Sometimes it's fear and not the actual physical condition that keeps up from enjoying life.

We've seen Ringo with 2 different all star bands.  The first time was many years ago, but I remember enjoying it.

Honored Contributor

@Sister Golden Hair wrote:

@Shorty2U

"Hello it's me, I've thought about us for a long long timeWoman Very Happy Most people don't even know Todd Rundgren. He is one of my favorites.

Sounds like you had a wonderful evening.

I remember Rundgren well.  He sang one of my favorite songs, "Hello it's me." 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree, memories are wonderful.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shorty2U There is something about music that creates magic for us; my daughter recently went to a Cure concert and said it was one of the best moments in her life. I am glad you posted something happy and that you had this great experience.

Regular Contributor

Yay shorty! I'm so glad you had a great time!

I'm seeing Paul in Cincy in July and Grand Rapids, Mi in Aug!

He's doing quite a few cities this summer-none by you?

If not, have no fear-I'm sure he'll do more dates in the US, maybe fall?