Valued Contributor

Re: One of our 50 is Missing (NM magazine)

@Desertdi wrote:

@Dell1 wrote:

I am from Wyoming.  My Mother and I were visiting my brother who lived in Los Angeles.  My brother, his wife, my Mother, and I were going to go out to dinner.  I was chatting with the woman who was going to watch my brother's daughter before we left.  She asked where I was from.  I stated Wyoming.  She asked me how the beaches were in Wyoming?  I really didn't have an answer for her.

Some of my "eastern" friends and relatives don't know that we have running water, indoor plumbing, and paved roads in Arizona...........

@Desertdi, My parents were from Kentucky and Alabama and moved to Wyoming prior to me being born.  So during summer breaks we would drive back to visit relatives.  And they would ask did we have board sidewalks like was shown on westerns on TV among many other things.  I truly think they felt when my parents chose to move 'out West' in the late 1940's that my parents had given up something.  I was all the richer for being raised in Wyoming.

Valued Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Some of my "eastern" friends and relatives don't know that we have running water, indoor plumbing, and paved roads in Arizona...........

Heyyy I'm "eastern"... whattaya tryin to say?!  Just kidding.  Face With Stuck-Out Tongue and Winking EyeMy goodness though, people are clueless... no indoor plumbing in AZ??  Come on now!  You know what I blame a lot of this ignorance on?  People don't read nearly as much as they used to.  Reading does wonders for your aptitude, body of knowledge, vocab, etc. because it requires your full attention, unlike "listening" to the news or scanning headlines on the web.  I know we're all busy, but pick up a book or paper once in a while people! 

BathDesert

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@AliJoi5 wrote:

@Dell1  I've been snorkling there for yearrrs!  Tropical FishOK Hand Sign

@AliJoi5   Actually we do have such a spot in NM.  It's a crystal clear spring fed lake about 60ft in diameter and over 80 ft deep in the city of Santa Rosa about half way between Albuquerque and Amarillo Tx.   Scuba divers come from all over the Southwest to practice here.  It's called the Blue Hole.

image.jpg

I have seen the Blue Hole advertised every time I drive through Santa Rosa. Now, I would really like to see it. If we can arrange for it to be an overnight, maybe I will go swimming. We had lunch at a pretty good spot in Santa Rosa.

Honored Contributor

80ft is a bit too deep for me. 4ft is more relaxing. But, beautiful, none the less.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).