Respected Contributor

Re: One of Kate Goselin's 8 now in a school for troubled kids.

@SunValley wrote:

Anyone raising children today has a lot to deal with. An autistic child throws many more challenges into the mix. I sympathize with any parent in this situation, and getting help seems to be a good thing for the child. I know Kate and her behaviour have been dissected ever way possible, but I would like to add my two cents: Few parents could raise 2 toddlers and 6 babies without a schedule and structure. Her husband seemed shell shocked from the beginning, leaving her to make a lot of decisions. As he retreated into indecision, I think this just fed into her Type A personality, until the schedule became the goal for her instead of the joy of raising children. And this continued to snowball with all the fallout played out on TV. I am glad she is getting her child help. My opinion only and, to be clear, I am not a fan of either parent, but I pray those children are happy and healthy.

I agree completely! I would like to add that raising eight children of any age is expensive! But, as twins and sextuplets, it has to be more expensive, especially in the early years! She worked as a nurse and he a computer guy. Nursing pays well, but I imagine there are now a kazillion comp. geeks! So, doing the tv show afforded them the money to give them all a better life! John wasn't exactly a "go getter" in my opinion. Yes, she was bossy and overbearing, but she also tried to give her kids a good life, in my opinion. Unless we were with them 24/7 we can't possibly know what happened. All I know is that I have no respect for any man who cheats.

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Esteemed Contributor

Poor kid! I wish him and his mother and sibs the best.
Respected Contributor

@Sheilaray wrote:
I admit I have followed the Kate Gosselin saga for years... not because I am a fan, rather I am a detractor.
Having said that, nowhere did Kate say he was Autistic. Someone else is intreprering from her comment: She states he has a "somewhat fluid diagnosis". She does not state he is on the spectrum yet admits he has trouble with authority.

She must think we are gullible . This is 2016...not 1916. Special needs children are not "sent away". They are mainstreamed. Children who have trouble with authority often end up in juvenile hall.

It's also interesting to point out that she recently got not one, but two, puppies (n addition to their current family dog). Let's see, send a child "away" and replace his presence (or "huge hole"as she puts it) with puppies?? Kate has and always has had severe issues.

I must take exception with your comments. First, I'm not sure where it said she sent him away. Often, residential placements are required for kids on the spectrum, especially beginning around his age. Because he's in a live in school doesn't mean anyone "sent" him away. Plus, please do not assume she replaces him with a puppy unless she told you so! It may have been recommended by a therapist that the other children would benefit from a diversion at this time. It's fair to say I prefer her to John, but only because of his childish behavior!

Respected Contributor

@bri20 wrote:

They're both horrible people and horrible parents.  

I suspect as these kids get older, there will be more issues.  

May I ask how you know they are horrible people and horrible parents? We may not parent or behave the same way as they, but that doesn't make them horrible, IMHO!

Esteemed Contributor

She did an article for People. Always trying to be in the limelight. I am originally from where they live in Berks County PA.

I remember when the 6 children were born. It was in the local papers constantly. Kate was begging for free things like a bigger car etc etc because they couldn't afford them. And people helped them. They got free products and a bigger car. Why didn't they think of this before going through vitro and having 6 more kids when they already had 2?

Well you cant go back and of course children are a blessing. But their marriage was destroyed with her over bearing bossiness and thrill for the limelight.

Its sad that their son is having these issues. I pity the children but not Kate or Jon. I do hope for the best for all of their children.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

Throwing a child, who is suffering private issues, under the bus to People magazine is shameful.

If he had/has social and emotional issues before, this surely doesn't help that the entire world now knows.