Respected Contributor

Re: One More-Charles And Camilla Christmas Card

I would be embarrassed to send this card to anyone--simply reminding everyone these are two 'sinners on parade.'  

Honored Contributor

I don’t think enough credit is given to the importance of tradition and producing an heir to the throne. The monarchy has made some relatively huge changes since Diana’s death. Charles truly could not just marry anyone he wanted. Arranged marriages with a mistress on the side (sometimes the person you really loved) was the norm for centuries. I dont see it as a lack of ethics on Charles’ part. We can’t appreciate what it is like to be the heir to the throne and what is expected.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I doubt Diana signed up for a breeder tour of duty.  A win for Charles because he got his heirs and kept his concubine on the side.  Charles pursed Diana as a breeder for his children. She was naive and young, left alone as his affairs continued.   She put her heart and soul into her children and found her refuge in the common folk attending charity events. As a result, she earned her status as the "people's princess".Heart

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

I guess I'm the only one, but I didn't feel sorry for them when their marriage didn't work out. Too much of an age difference.

@Daisy Sunflower

Well, if he was in love with someone else, he had no business marrying Di, regardless of his parent's opinions.  Total lack of ethics on his part.

@Tinkrbl44

she KNEW he  loved someone else.......and yet SHE still married him.

does SHE not bear any responsibility?

of course she does.......diana could have said NO.

@sunshine45

I don't have any idea exactly when or how she found out ....  Neither of us was there during their conversations. 

Perhaps Charles minimized the relevance by saying she's now married with children .... or it will be different after we get married .... or whatever.  If he said something to that effect, what newly engaged girl wouldn't give her fiancee the benefit of the doubt? 

Even if he admittedly "still had feelings" for a former girlfriend, who automatically assumes their future husband will cheat on her?  

Honored Contributor

I’ve read here (and only here) that Prince Philip was a wanderer. That surprises me. If true. I don’t believe EVERYTHING I see posted here. Heavens, I’ve seen posters say he was handsome and THAT isn’t true....
Honored Contributor

Philip was a well-known ladIes man with many rumors of affairs. It’s mentioned in documentaries, biographies and press reports.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44  so true....He was considering himself a sperm donor to reproduce heirs...his concubine even helped locate the breeder.  Diana was young, naive, and in love.  Two very different mind sets. His affairs with the concubine continued as usual. Diana suffered terribly as a result. How courageous of her to walk among the people relating to their problems and concerns.  No wonder so many common folk love and relate to her.  

I don't have any idea exactly when or how she found out ....  Neither of us was there during their conversations. 

Perhaps Charles minimized the relevance by saying she's now married with children .... or it will be different after we get married .... or whatever.  If he said something to that effect, what newly engaged girl wouldn't give her fiancee the benefit of the doubt? 

Even if he admittedly "still had feelings" for a former girlfriend, who automatically assumes their future husband will cheat on her?  

Honored Contributor

Diana was wonderful but she was no saint and Camilla is not “the concubine.” It’s not good vs evil. All involved are humans with both good traits and faults. Shoot. Why not put some blame on the Queen and the entire concept of the British monarchy for being so stuck in tradition and dictating who someone can and can not marry.
Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity  I just read your post here that has been removed.  Just want you to know that I share the truth of this tragedy.  

Honored Contributor

Way to go! Keep the holiday spirit going!