Honored Contributor

Re: One More-Charles And Camilla Christmas Card

[ Edited ]

@on the bay  Yes, I understand your feelings.  Diana was very vulnerable in this situation and people could relate to her pain and disappointment.  So sad she was placed in this situation. Charles would never have participated in this charade if he "loved" Diana.  The truth of where his allegiance lay quickly became apparent.   I doubt if she had known the truth earlier, the marriage wouldn't have happened; she learned quickly how she was used.  I think the fact that she went on to be the "people's princess" and became a loving mother in spite of her challenging situation speaks volumes of her true nature.  And that is what resonates with most people, the authentic ability to carry on and care for others under unbearable conditions.  I understand why so many say, "she felt like a sister".

I refuse to engage in negative discussion regarding those intimately involved in spite of Diana (Charles, Camilla), but I choose to support the positive actions of the "people's princess".

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Charles alone is responsible for putting into motion events that caused pain.

She wasn't having the affair before marriage, he was, Blatantly in her face. 

Diana, naive and unrealistic expectations, unworldly had no chance.

Not surprising,  Diana used bulimia as a coping mechanism. 

Diana's legacy lives on. Both Sons are fine examples and carry on her charity's.

I'll never forget: Diana visiting (AIDS) unit touching each sufferer, life changing experience for the entire world. She was fearless: in spite of her own illness.

Diana we haven't forgotten you.⚘

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3

Oh my. That would be a huge extrapolation on your part. WOW. I had heard she had work done years ago and sorry but I can't remember! So shoot me!

I don't have any feeling one way or the other about her. 

It wouldn't surprise me at all that she did, it would seem easy for a royal to diappear into a into a castle and not be seen for weeks!

Hope your day goes better!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@Blahblahvampemer wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@cherry wrote:

I'm glad they found hppiness, and I like to think ,Di would have too ,if she were alive now

@cherry  I am happy for them, too.  I cannot imagine being forced to marry a person you do not love just to carry on some outdated tradition.

Di and Charles both deserved better; and I also think of Di whenever we see the grandchildren.

Charles actually loved Diana.  She spent a lot of time pursuing him, but she was too young, and a mental mess in general.  When you only have your children in common, it's hard to keep a marriage going.

@Blahblahvampemer  Charles and Diana only had 12 dates before he proposed.  This marriage was arranged by both families.  Charles "loved" her as best he could, since she was the mother of his children.  But his heart belonged to Camilla.

Whatever outsiders or insiders say doesn't matter.  What was in his and her minds and hearts belong to them.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

Charles alone is responsible for putting into motion events that caused pain.

She wasn't having the affair before marriage, he was, Blatantly in her face. 

Diana, naive and unrealistic expectations, unworldly had no chance.

Not surprising,  Diana used bulimia as a coping mechanism. 

Diana's legacy lives on. Both Sons are fine examples and carry on her charity's.

I'll never forget: Diana visiting (AIDS) unit touching each sufferer life changing experience for the entire world. She was fearless in spite of her own illness.

Diana we haven't forgotten you.⚘

@Sweet_Serenity  It doesn't matter who strayed first.  The marriage was doomed before it even happened.

Had the Royals not been so plugged up about "tradition" they would not have pushed for such a young and inexperienced girl to be a breeder. 

Diana's immaturity left her thinking all would change after the marriage; a common mistake many young brides will make.  She also could have backed out of the wedding.  She knew what he was before she married him.

I'm not going to blame one person; the whole situation was a diaster waiting to happen as soon as the Royals looked for a "suitable" bride.

Of course Diana is not forgotten.  But if we think of Camilla hovering over that marriage then we also think of Diana still hovering the one between Charles and Camilla.

I don't understand the hatred; the complications of arranged marriages are wide and varied; no one person to shoulder all the blame and no one person to be made a pitiful victim.

It was what it was.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@xactly @Cakers3  I never understand why people think they know exactly who is pure as the driven snow,and who isn't in any  private relationship. Neither do I understand vendattas, and hatred ,directed at people ,who haven't done a thing to anyone else.

I doubt there are many people who would behave differntly than any of these 3 have. I have heard Camillia is a charming woman, and the Princes really are quite fond of her

Honored Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

I guess I'm the only one, but I didn't feel sorry for them when their marriage didn't work out. Too much of an age difference.

@Daisy Sunflower

Well, if he was in love with someone else, he had no business marrying Di, regardless of his parent's opinions.  Total lack of ethics on his part.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

She is a pretty lady....too bad Charles had to marry a woman of child bearing years to give him an heir..... and not just marry the woman he loved all along.   Diane became a pawn in the game of Royaly.....used....😢

@SeaMaiden

And if this was such a deep love affair, then why did she marry someone else?   I think she had no business messing with Charles after he married.    

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

I guess I'm the only one, but I didn't feel sorry for them when their marriage didn't work out. Too much of an age difference.

@Daisy Sunflower

Well, if he was in love with someone else, he had no business marrying Di, regardless of his parent's opinions.  Total lack of ethics on his part.

@Tinkrbl44

she KNEW he  loved someone else.......and yet SHE still married him.

does SHE not bear any responsibility?

of course she does.......diana could have said NO.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

She is a pretty lady....too bad Charles had to marry a woman of child bearing years to give him an heir..... and not just marry the woman he loved all along.   Diane became a pawn in the game of Royaly.....used....😢

@SeaMaiden

And if this was such a deep love affair, then why did she marry someone else?   I think she had no business messing with Charles after he married.    

@Tinkrbl44He messed with her too.....  remember?