Trusted Contributor

Re: One More-Charles And Camilla Christmas Card

I'm sorry, but every time I look at them I think of those awful tapes of their phone conversation where he wanted to be her feminine hygiene product.

It is a lovely, serene photo that is not holiday-ish or formal -- a definite departure from the tradition. But I think the royals are trying, and have been doing so for quite some time, to be more appealing/relevant/relatable as part of their branding strategy.

Honored Contributor

Given that the family has accepted Camilla I’m not clear what right we have to continue to judge her and Charles. Frankly, they always should have been married from the beginning and I’m glad they are happy together.
Honored Contributor

It's a nice enough photo if the occasion were their anniverary or some spring holiday.  What has this got to do with the Christmas holiday season?

Honored Contributor

Why are Charles and Camilla always the targets?  Diana was no angel, either.

Squidgeygate.

Both had affairs during that turbulent marriage.  Both contributed to its downfall.

As I said earlier, both Charles and Diana deserved better than to be locked in a marriage arranged by the Royals, out of some grossly outdated tradition.

If there is any link to why that marriage ended, look to the Palace for forcing two very different people to marry, to use DIana as a breeder, and to pair a 22 year old with an older and more "experienced" man.

It wasn't love; it was arranged. 

DIana loved her sons and did a wonderful job as a mom.  Her charitable work was some of the best. 

However, she knew about Camilla even before the engagement; and so did the Royals.  The stuffy attitude about who is "suitable" to marry the future king was the starting point of a disaster waiting to happen.

We "commoners" may not understand why Charles didn't step up at the time, but we also don't understand the push on Diana by her own family, too.

It's a different world; and I'm happy for Charles and Camilla.  We don't have to like the photo but this constant dragging up of old history about them isn't going to change that these two belonged together right from the start.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Thank you @Cakers3  there is more that I could add ,but in the charity of the season ,I won't. May she rip...God rest her soul

Esteemed Contributor

If there was no backstory it just looks like a picture of 2 people who love each other.

Honored Contributor

Cakers:

Thank you for the add about Diana’s infidelity, as well.

I love her just as much as anyone, but I understand the need

fot the Royals to have their off-the-record ‘arranged’ marriages.

Like I said in a infidelity-trust thread recently written,

if The Powers That Be with the Royal family would’ve made it

very clear at some point..that they are allowed to have 2 separate lives,

Diana still MIGHT be alive at this point. 

As long as Diana is OK to marry for the sole purpose to have children

and to be the future Queen, both she and Charles are allowed to have

2 separate lives...and have a relationship with whomever they choose.

They were having that exact relationship...before the divorce. 

Just wish the Royal family would’ve thought this out...it could’ve 

had a totally different ending....Diana could still be here today. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I’m in the let bygones be bygones camp. They do seem to love each other. 

Trusted Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@cherry wrote:

I'm glad they found hppiness, and I like to think ,Di would have too ,if she were alive now

@cherry  I am happy for them, too.  I cannot imagine being forced to marry a person you do not love just to carry on some outdated tradition.

Di and Charles both deserved better; and I also think of Di whenever we see the grandchildren.

Charles actually loved Diana.  She spent a lot of time pursuing him, but she was too young, and a mental mess in general.  When you only have your children in common, it's hard to keep a marriage going.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Trusted Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

Why are Charles and Camilla always the targets?  Diana was no angel, either.

Squidgeygate.

Both had affairs during that turbulent marriage.  Both contributed to its downfall.

As I said earlier, both Charles and Diana deserved better than to be locked in a marriage arranged by the Royals, out of some grossly outdated tradition.

If there is any link to why that marriage ended, look to the Palace for forcing two very different people to marry, to use DIana as a breeder, and to pair a 22 year old with an older and more "experienced" man.

It wasn't love; it was arranged. 

DIana loved her sons and did a wonderful job as a mom.  Her charitable work was some of the best. 

However, she knew about Camilla even before the engagement; and so did the Royals.  The stuffy attitude about who is "suitable" to marry the future king was the starting point of a disaster waiting to happen.

We "commoners" may not understand why Charles didn't step up at the time, but we also don't understand the push on Diana by her own family, too.

It's a different world; and I'm happy for Charles and Camilla.  We don't have to like the photo but this constant dragging up of old history about them isn't going to change that these two belonged together right from the start.

From those that were close to them, Charles loved her, but love can always die.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.