Valued Contributor

Re: One Man Worth $211 Billion

And it all started in his garage. Wish I would've thought about it first 👍
Honored Contributor

@JamandBread wrote:

I just want him to pay his fair share of taxes.

My personal opinion is that he is a money hoarder. He will never ever in his lifetime spend what he has accumulated. But it is his and he can do what he wants. Hope he sleeps well at night.

He should definitely be required by the tax code to pay taxes at the same level as everyone else. So should all the CEOs and businesses who benefit from America's national infrastructure and national defense and rule of law. Warren Buffett regularly says he is required to pay less in taxes than his secretary and that it is unjust.

Right now businesses and billionaires who avoid taxes are parasites. It's not enough to just create some jobs and pay workers their wages. That's simply paying people for their labor. As opposed to what? Not paying workers for the labor you need from them? That would be illegal. So not using unpaid labor is nothing to expect a pat on the back for. If your business "lives" here, it needs to pay taxes just like everyone else does.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Contributor

I often wonder where I would like to donate some of my money if I were ever that rich...there is so much need in this world...where do I begin? 

Valued Contributor

Frontporchgal, I would help ALL vets 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
And children 🥰
Respected Contributor

The frightening aspect of his wealth is that a large percentage of our nation's money is being concentrated into the hands of just a few and less and less is circulating throughout the economy. Something to consider when using Amazon so often.

Respected Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

Jeff Bezos Amazon

Unreal...can you imagine if he gave away half of what his worth is, that could help a lot of people.

Instead of buying stuff from Amazon, people could contribute to the needs of others. Why do people put this on the wealthy when their money used to buy more stuff could go to those in need? People chose to spend on Amazon instead on contributing to the needs of others then expect Bezos to donate. If you want someone to help be the one to help instead of putting it on somone else.

Honored Contributor

@On It wrote:

The frightening aspect of his wealth is that a large percentage of our nation's money is being concentrated into the hands of just a few and less and less is circulating throughout the economy. Something to consider when using Amazon so often.

@On It "So often"?  Gee, presume much? 

Yesterday I placed my first order with Amazon  in 2021. Last time I ordered was in December 2020, after going to several places locally and not finding a space heater that I wanted (had even bought and returned one locally that didn't work out). That's my usual rate of ordering from A.  I'm certainly not a prime member. So you think about it; I'm not going to.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

Instead of buying stuff from Amazon, people could contribute to the needs of others. Why do people put this on the wealthy when their money used to buy more stuff could go to those in need? People chose to spend on Amazon instead on contributing to the needs of others then expect Bezos to donate. If you want someone to help be the one to help instead of putting it on somone else.

@Iwantcoffee   One can "buy stuff" on Amazon and still donate to those in need.

How do you know who buys on Amazon without ever donating to the needy?

A tad presumptious on your part.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I'd like to see the man pay, and treat, his employees better.  

Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

@Just Bling wrote:

Jeff Bezos Amazon

Unreal...can you imagine if he gave away half of what his worth is, that could help a lot of people.

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

@Just Bling wrote:

Jeff Bezos Amazon

@Iwantcoffee   One can "buy stuff" on Amazon and still donate to those in need.

How do you know who buys on Amazon without ever donating to the needy?

A tad presumptious on your part.

If I have $50.00 I cannot spend $50.00 on Amazon and donate the same $50.00 to my neighbor in need.