Respected Contributor

Jeff Bezos Amazon

Unreal...can you imagine if he gave away half of what his worth is, that could help a lot of people.

Honored Contributor

Re: One Man Worth $211 Billion

He likely does give a good amount away. But it's his money, and I think what he does with it, is his business.  

Honored Contributor

If you created the world's most successful online store, you could make billions too. Land of opportunity.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

I just want him to pay his fair share of taxes.

My personal opinion is that he is a money hoarder. He will never ever in his lifetime spend what he has accumulated. But it is his and he can do what he wants. Hope he sleeps well at night.

Respected Contributor

Please note I said "IF" not that he should.

Post was not to spur an argument as to what someone wealthy should do with their money.

Honored Contributor

The issue of what wealthy people pay in taxes is a whole other topic.  Many pay little or nothing.  I don't know the specifics in the case with Bezos.  

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

Please note I said "IF" not that he should.

Post was not to spur an argument as to what someone wealthy should do with their money.

Point taken.  But I can think of a lot of ifs that would benefit a lot of people.  

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

Jeff Bezos Amazon

Unreal...can you imagine if he gave away half of what his worth is, that could help a lot of people.

@Just Bling  No I can't because it's not my place to think how anyone else should spend his or her money. He earned it and it is his to spend however he chooses to do so.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, and he now has an ex-wife who's worth 105 Billion.....and she's donating a TON of it to charity. Community property and karma!

Honored Contributor

A crafty tax attorney is worth his/her weight in gold.