Respected Contributor

Re: One Man Worth $211 Billion

@Just Bling wrote:

Jeff Bezos Amazon

Unreal...can you imagine if he gave away half of what his worth is, that could help a lot of people.

Instead he's going to the moon.

Honored Contributor

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

@Just Bling wrote:

Jeff Bezos Amazon

Unreal...can you imagine if he gave away half of what his worth is, that could help a lot of people.

Instead of buying stuff from Amazon, people could contribute to the needs of others. Why do people put this on the wealthy when their money used to buy more stuff could go to those in need? People chose to spend on Amazon instead on contributing to the needs of others then expect Bezos to donate. If you want someone to help be the one to help instead of putting it on somone else.

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

@Just Bling wrote:

Jeff Bezos Amazon

Instead of buying stuff from Amazon, people could contribute to the needs of others. Why do people put this on the wealthy when their money used to buy more stuff could go to those in need? People chose to spend on Amazon instead on contributing to the needs of others then expect Bezos to donate. If you want someone to help be the one to help instead of putting it on somone else.

@Iwantcoffee   One can "buy stuff" on Amazon and still donate to those in need.

How do you know who buys on Amazon without ever donating to the needy?

A tad presumptious on your part.

If I have $50.00 I cannot spend $50.00 on Amazon and donate the same $50.00 to my neighbor in need.

That doesn't make sense. I also can't spend the same $50 at a grocery store and at a charity. Heck, maybe my grocery order was on Amazon pantry. I CAN spend an additional 50 with a charity if I have it, regardless of whether the first 50 was spent at Amazon, Kroger, the doctor or the vet. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Honored Contributor

I have issues with the lack of taxes by Corp and the wealthiest individuals but I am NOT going to bash someone for having money. Shoot, it would be cool to go the moon. Or Mars.
Contributor

I would want to help children, the disabled, and the elderly, None of these groups are treated as well as they deserve to be.

Trusted Contributor

Only the little people pay taxes.

Honored Contributor

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

@Just Bling wrote:

Jeff Bezos Amazon

@Iwantcoffee Do you want to list the things you have bought that the money could go to help others?  Where does that scale start and stop for any of us?  Have you bought things from QVC? 

And I will point out that Oklahoma City has a gigantic new Amazon warehouse at the airport and the huge parking lot is filled with cars and trucks of working people who are glad to have the job and paying taxes, as well as people who built and maintain the building.  

The driver who comes down our street every day has a job, as do the IT workers and phone operators.  So we are talking about jobs in the USA.  

Then there is the issue of what standard of living are any of us owed?  Working or not.  Who pays for it? And what do we give? Where are lines drawn about how much any of us keep from what we earn, and what we do not keep--how much to we decide how it is spent?

It is a gigantic and complex cycle of work and reward, and I don't think you can ever sort out "fair."

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

@Just Bling wrote:

Jeff Bezos Amazon

@Iwantcoffee Do you want to list the things you have bought that the money could go to help others?  Where does that scale start and stop for any of us?  Have you bought things from QVC? 

And I will point out that Oklahoma City has a gigantic new Amazon warehouse at the airport and the huge parking lot is filled with cars and trucks of working people who are glad to have the job and paying taxes, as well as people who built and maintain the building.  

The driver who comes down our street every day has a job, as do the IT workers and phone operators.  So we are talking about jobs in the USA.  

Then there is the issue of what standard of living are any of us owed?  Working or not.  Who pays for it? And what do we give? Where are lines drawn about how much any of us keep from what we earn, and what we do not keep--how much to we decide how it is spent?

It is a gigantic and complex cycle of work and reward, and I don't think you can ever sort out "fair."

No, do you?

Honored Contributor

Didn't he give half of his money to Mackenzie in the divorce?  She has donated quite  a bit of it and has a new science teacher boyfriend according to the rumors.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Just Bling wrote:

Jeff Bezos Amazon

@Just Bling  No I can't because it's not my place to think how anyone else should spend his or her money. He earned it and it is his to spend however he chooses to do so.

Agreed, he should spend his earnings however he pleases, period.

Respected Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

Didn't he give half of his money to Mackenzie in the divorce?  She has donated quite  a bit of it and has a new science teacher boyfriend according to the rumors.

She, in fact, made a large donation to the Boys and Girls Club in our city. They were thrilled. I have no idea how she even knew our small city existed, or how she chose that specific charity.