Honored Contributor

On the subject of being offended...

My great aunt - on her 90th birthday. She was sitting by me so I asked her how she met my Uncle. BTW - both of them were very exceptionally good looking people.  So she was walking past a construction site on her way to work - she was a model at a bridal shop.One of the construction guys whistled at her, and they were all calling out etc in a very offensive manner. She ran the rest of the way to work. The next day - same. The third day when he whistled she got PO'ed and went over to them, really angry and about to give the whistler a piece of her mind - BUT - she said one look at him, he was so gorgeous and so hot (remember this was my 90 year old great aunt saying that ) all she could do was stare at him and stammer. He told her he had been watching her and only wanted to get her attention - and the rest of the guys were just playing around. He asked her out. They were married 60 years before he passed away. So the answer to how they met was - he offended me and I went to tell him off.

Respected Contributor

Re: On the subject of being offended...

@151949

Great story!  

Super Contributor

Awww.  That is a sweet story.  Thanks for sharing.

Honored Contributor

She was a trailblazer!!!  

Respected Contributor

LOL, that is a great story! Good for them Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I'm glad it worked out for your aunt.  I, however, wouldn't give the time of day to a guy who used offensive language to get my attention. I would find it degrading. Don't mean to rock the boat here and hope your aunt had a happy marriage but I think she took a big chance.

Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

I'm glad it worked out for your aunt.  I, however, wouldn't give the time of day to a guy who used offensive language to get my attention. I would find it degrading. Don't mean to rock the boat here and hope your aunt had a happy marriage but I think she took a big chance.

@jubilant, thanks for doing the rocking so I didn't have to. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Where did I say he used offensive language?

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Where did I say he used offensive language?

"They were all calling out in a very offensive manner" would suggest that.

Honored Contributor

I never minded a wolf whistle from a cute guy but offensive language?, no, no matter how cute he is.