Honored Contributor

Here is a view of the Thomas fire taken on the Hermosa Beach Strand 60 miles or so south and slightly east:

Fire 2017-112-10.jpg

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Thomas fire?  Hermosa Beach Strand?  Is this in California?

Honored Contributor

Re: On my walk today

[ Edited ]

Heartbreaking☹️

I had an email from Sunset Magazine today about *affordable* west coast towns.  Ventura was one of the top towns featured.  Part of an apartment complex that my son lived in as a bachelor burned down.

DIL said the mandatory evacuation is eight miles from them now in Santa Barbara.  

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Thomas fire?  Hermosa Beach Strand?  Is this in California?

Yes, @ValuSkr.  I apologize for not making that clear. It's part of a series of fires that will likely add up to the worst fire disaster in my state's history. I forgot that it is probably not as big news elsewhere.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@tansy, your son is fine?

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 Yes we are aware of the terrible fires in California. My husband and I watch the weather channel due to the disasters this year more than QVC. Just horrible to watch. Take care.

Respected Contributor

Yes the fires going on out there have been on our local news everyday for the past week or so. There are many people thinking of those of you out there. It's heartbreaking to see so much damage come to those in the fires path. No only people and their homes but all the wild life too. Such a shame. They are in desperate need of prayers.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3

We are following, praying for you and all thr animals.  {{{{{hugs}}}}}

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@tansy wrote:

Heartbreaking☹️

I had an email from Sunset Magazine today about *affordable* west coast towns.  Ventura was one of the top towns featured.  Part of an apartment complex that my son lived in as a bachelor burned down.

DIL said the mandatory evacuation is eight miles from them now in Santa Barbara.  

Ventura affordable?  Wow. That’s a good one. 

Trusted Contributor

These events are creating nightmares for everyone involved including us who see and hear about it in the news.  I never in a million years thought CA would be burning like this as I don't recall it in my youth happening to this severity.  The Santa Ana winds blowing this late in the year is another thing I will never get used to although I thought it was only called Santa Ana winds when it was hot dry winds but now it is referred to during any strong wind even when a cold wind. @suzyQ3.