Trusted Contributor

On a good note this warmed by heart

Last night my son called and wanted the book I would read to him all the time at bed time..........THE GIVING TREE..........he wants to start reading it to my grand daughter and said MOM that has some great wisdom, I am so excited to send him a copy............love that call..............when you think it is not sinking in, it is in the head.

Honored Contributor

Re: On a good note this warmed by heart

@DowntonAbbey He must have good childhood memories created by you cozied up together at night reading that book before bed....so sweet.i always snuggled up with my young son when it was his bedtime to read books together.He loved it but sometimes I fell asleep before he did and my DH had to come and wake me.

Trusted Contributor

As my son gets older things will change, I am 60 he is 27.........he thinks I am 80.........lol and now that he has children and he is such a good daddy he loves his girls and I am so hapy about that and I love him even more for that if you can love a child more........we had a lot of issues and he was so angry about the head injury and it did cheat his life with me being able to do things but I am better now but today I am exhausted.........so I have peaks and valleys.........sadly but I hope to have a few more good years with my son ad his family.  Anyway when I would have to make him sit so I could read because BOOKS are amazing.........and I wanted him to love to read...........so you think it was all in vain but it was not after the call I got last night..............I just ordered him a new one as this is in beautiful shape but their's will get tattered and so he can have this one when that one wears out..............as my grandbaby girl that is 3 loves loves loves books............I read to my son pregnant and thought this would make him love books but he hated them until now............so happy........then even texted and said we will pay you we thought you were sending your book and I said it would cost me as much to mail as buy so enjoy and no it is my gift to you all..............I love my son and his family..........I have forgiven even if they have not.........and one day as I am older he will see that I loved him all along. 

Honored Contributor

@DowntonAbbey I am sure that he knows that you love him.I don't know the whole story of your head injury but I don't doubt that it made everyone life difficult.That is so unfortunate but it is what it is and can't be changed.He seems like he has some very happy memories or he wouldn't have asked for that book so maybe things are a little bettter than you think.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you WHATNOW..........I believe they are, when he came in last year they went to his home city that he was born in and that we lived in and he took his wife and daughter to all the places we lived and he talked about all the fun he had and he had forgotten until he got back to the memories.........he missed that city then and talked about all he and I did..........yes the head injury took so much toll and it was only me and my son going through it alone as my two half brothers and half sister lives a long way and never came to see me........not even in ICU so they had no idea  of the struggle and it was 5 years before I saw them and they noticed the damage............but still never looked up head injury to see what I deal with..........but again this is going to be a good year I sure hope,,,,,,,,,,now something my brain doc did not tell me but put in the report I got in the mail that I am chronic fatigue.........I looked that up and it said YOU REST AND NEVER FEEL BETTER, that hurt me and also Organic personality disorder........that was odd.......but caused by head injury but I do not have all of the issues of organic personality disorder.............sadly this can happen to anyone at any time. Be careful walking and just be cautious.....especially in staircases and cars...........but my was a staircase gave way on me...........you can't sue your employer in my state...I did find out though a few years ago I could have sued the building............ugh too late now.....anyway I was so sick I could not have even went to court for years.

Respected Contributor

"Goodnight Moon" was my daughter's favorite - I wrapped up a copy for her when she graduated from college - she loved it!

Trusted Contributor

We had and read GOOD NIGHT MOON and I love THE LITTLE PRINCE and I want that book again.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@DowntonAbbey I know head injuries are difficult to understand.The person looks normal but their behavior is different.I am happy that your son is more understanding now and is remembering the good times in his childhood and maybe beginning to come to terms with all that has changed in your life that was out of your control.My son had a very serious concussion and was on life support for four days...we didn't know if he would survive or even be the person he was if he did.Thankfully he is okay but he was only fourteen and the body has a way of healing better for the young ones.During the initial stages of his concussion he didn't even know who we were so that was frightening.

QVC Customer Care