Honored Contributor

Re: On a good note this warmed by heart

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

"Goodnight Moon" was my daughter's favorite - I wrapped up a copy for her when she graduated from college - she loved it!

@hoosieroriginal

This was one of our son's favorites and now his children's.  I've given it many times as a shower gift.

@DowntonAbbey

It's nice to read you and your son have a more positive relationship.  When our children become parents, they grow to understand how difficult parenting can be under the best of circumstances.  Obstacles of any kind, make it that just more difficult.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

If a poster is going to start a  new and happy post, then said poster should be sticking to the new and happy post and it's content, ideas, and topic. Rehashing who is vile and who is mean and how picked on one is does nothing but start the back and forth all over again.

Mods, why is this allowed to continue, a poster who starts a 'new' thread, just to bring up old battles within it? 

edited to add

never mind, while I was typing, most of her comments were removed.

@Mominohio  The thread was filled with a positive note-that she, her son, DIL,and GD were bonding in a new and positive way.

It wasn't until a poster decided to chime in with a "gotcha" post that the thread began to slide sideways.

Fair is fair. 

Thanks to the mods for keeping up.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@DowntonAbbey   I'm glad you son has a good memory of that book and yes, sometimes it takes becoming a parent to rearrange one's perception of reality.

Enjoy this time for the moment, here and now.

Good luck.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Super Contributor

Btw the OP was diagnosed with organic personality disorder, and it would be nice of some people to lay off her! If you don't know what it is, look it up!!
QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

@Candyapple wrote:
Btw the OP was diagnosed with organic personality disorder, and it would be nice of some people to lay off her! If you don't know what it is, look it up!!

Anyone here can claim to have some type of "disorder"   This newest one is perhaps the 4th (or is it 5th?) problem that the OP claims to have.

I don't know....maybe she really does have all these medically diagnosed issues.  But many of us have medical problems and keep them to  ourselves.  And we have been telling the OP, for years, to keep her personal life and health issues off the boards, for her own sake.

So very true @september.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DowntonAbbey   I feel for you!! But remember your son must love you more than you realize.He is older now & has a child of his own.He took his family home to share his past with them.This tells me he loves & appreciates you!!

Perhaps you should have a heart to heart with him.It may bring you both some peace!!

Your story about your son asking for the book you read to him as a child was so sweet!! It brought back memories of me & DH reading to my son every night.My son's favorite book was Mr. Cookie Baker.I read that book to him every night for years.We read several books a night but that was always the first one he asked for!!