Honored Contributor

Re: On a Lighter Note - Yesterday I Gave Up...............

Congratulations!

I never used a smart phone before last year, when I got when issued from my seasonal job. I felt like an idiot...I was looking for the instructions - I didn't realize that it's so easy to use, they aren't really necessary!

The day I had to hand it back in...I went into iphone withdrawal, so I broke down and upgraded my phone. My old phone was 6 six year's old - they looked at me kinda funny too!

You'll have so much fun...I have used Siri for directions, the closest restaurant, plus the weather is up to date too and I can see when it gets above ZERO.

Respected Contributor

On 3/7/2015 Cakers1 said:
On 3/7/2015 Ilikeshade said:

At least with a smartphone the screen is nice and big and then there's the predictive typing which makes it very easy to send a text quickly. Since getting it, I also sent a text to my brother to let him know and now that's how we usually communicate...also, just from home.

I had to look up what that meant.{#emotions_dlg.blush}{#emotions_dlg.bored}{#emotions_dlg.blush} Didn't know it had a name.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.blink}

It's very cool and the more you use your text, more words will be included for you to choose from. Just tap the word and you don't have to type it. My list of words includes Sam's Club! LOL!!!!!

Honored Contributor

You go, gal!

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I think you'll enjoy it!

Smile

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

On 3/7/2015 terrier3 said:

Congratulations!

I never used a smart phone before last year, when I got when issued from my seasonal job. I felt like an idiot...I was looking for the instructions - I didn't realize that it's so easy to use, they aren't really necessary!

Oy - the book is about 160 pages long. I'm just fiddling around to learn - DS said he'd walk me through it for some of the features.

Yeah, you feel kind of dumb just getting into the pool so to speak at such a late date.

Honored Contributor

Congratulations!

I never used a smart phone before last year, when I got when issued from my seasonal job. I felt like an idiot..<em>.I was looking for the instructions</em> - I didn't realize that it's so easy to use, they aren't really necessary!

Oy - the book is about 160 pages long. I'm just fiddling around to learn - DS said he'd walk me through it for some of the features.

Yeah, you feel kind of dumb just getting into the pool so to speak at such a late date.

Did you get an iphone or an android?

BTW - there are lots of suggestions on YouTube too.

Just type in something like "How to delete e-mails easily", or "How to install an app"...there are lots of people out there to help!

Super Contributor

On 3/7/2015 dooBdoo said:

You go, gal!

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I think you'll enjoy it!

Smile

doobs! I know you are a computer person and tech savvy and all - so thanks.

(I know you're laughing behind that screen - I know it!!){#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Super Contributor

Just type in something like "How to delete e-mails easily", or "How to install an app"...there are lots of people out there to help!

Android.

Trusted Contributor

I was also a total moron at the Best Buy when I went from a flip phone to the smart phone. Once you get used to it, you'll wonder how you did without it! Some of the free apps are so handy! Apps would be a whole thread on to itself!

Last week and summoned my courage and 'linked' my smart phone to the Bluetooth thingy in my car. Now, I can play the music that I've put on my phone, and talk hands-free! That's great because I could never get to my phone it time, if it started ringing in the car.

Honored Contributor

Android.

Yes, they NEED instructions...but you'll learn fast!

Super Contributor

On 3/7/2015 lacey1 said:

I was also a total moron at the Best Buy when I went from a flip phone to the smart phone. Once you get used to it, you'll wonder how you did without it! Some of the free apps are so handy! Apps would be a whole thread on to itself!

Last week and summoned my courage and 'linked' my smart phone to the Bluetooth thingy in my car. Now, I can play the music that I've put on my phone, and talk hands-free! That's great because I could never get to my phone it time, if it started ringing in the car.

That's great! I play my iPod in the car right now.