Honored Contributor

On a Lighter Note-Storm Chaser Reunites Dog with Owner During Hurricane

http://kxan.com/2017/08/27/harvey-storm-chaser-reunites-lost-dog-with-owners/

On National Dog Day to boot.Heart

AUSTIN (KXAN) — A storm chaser managed to track down more than just Tropical Storm Harvey this weekend. He also found — and reunited — a lost dog with its family.

“I stopped for gas and this guy was following me down the road and when I stopped he jumped into the Jeep,” Aaron Jayjack said in a video he posted to Twitter asking for help to find the pup’s home.

Jack was traveling back to Austin from Victoria, Texas, when he found the dog near Runge, Texas. He was actually trying to return home to take care of his own dogs.

“I really need help trying to find this guy’s owner. We’ll call him Harvey,” Jayjack continued in the video.

Jayjack kept updating his search on Twitter, saying he tried having “Harvey” scanned for a chip, but he didn’t have one.

After the post went viral, Jayjack found the owners and returned their dog, whose real name is Cash, to his home. As a great coincidence, it happened on National Dog Day, too.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

Re: On a Lighter Note-Storm Chaser Reunites Dog with Owner During Hurricane

I saw that this morning - sweet story.

But, I can't help but think of all the animals that seem to have been left behind, they all aren't gonna be rescued Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@happycat wrote:

I saw that this morning - sweet story.

But, I can't help but think of all the animals that seem to have been left behind, they all aren't gonna be rescued Smiley Sad

@happycat  So sad and so true. 

In Port Aransas there are farm animals wandering the streets.  We often think about dogs/cats but forget about these animals are also in danger.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

I just read a story on the Daily Mail website where a dog was pictured carrying around his own bag of dog food!  A grandfather was keeping the dog during the storm for his grandson and noticed that both the dog and his bag of dog food was gone.  Someone snapped a picture of the dog roaming around carrying the dog food in his mouth.  I guess the little guy was trying to get back to his own home.  He sure was resourceful!  The grandfather was able to reunite with the dog so the story had a happy ending.  I feel bad for all the animals and people displaced by this storm.