Respected Contributor

Re: On The Topic of All Those Parties--How many?

Just this year my niece had a baby shower then another party when the twins were born. Now she is having a wedding shower and the wedding is in October. Supposed to be a blowout. She is a teacher and 31 yo. All I send are gift cards from Target.

Honored Contributor

In general the parties we attend are related to the community services in which we are involved.  

This year we’ve attended a party after a group of us raisised enough to fund some animal related equipment for the volunteer fire departments around our town, and two celebrating raising enough to purchase bullet proof vests for the K9 police dogs in our city and two neighboring ones.

Only real cost - time & chipping in for catering for the thank you get togethers.  

The K9 handlers brought the dogs to their party and the doggies sat patiently in a large circle until we finished eating.  Then the handlers gave them their own treats.  They are trained not to take ANYTHING from anyone but their own handler.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

Let’s see, in the past 3 years I’ve attended a destination wedding, a graduation party, brothers birthday party, sister in laws surprise birthday party, several kid  parties and my uncles Fathers Day dinner which I took a gift and his birthday dinner every year as well as my Aunts birthday dinner every year which I take gifts as well. 2 cousins birthday parties. Oh my goodness, too much money spent. 

Esteemed Contributor

Two per year with grandsons' birthday parties (they like event parties). The other grandsons aren't into parties - just casual lunches with our small family. If a person or couple has a lot of relatives and friends, then the parties seem to be non-stop. I'm fine with a quieter life!

Honored Contributor

I guess I think of parties and event parties!  LOL!!!!  There are parties where friends get together, and parties where you have to dress up and sit through a lot of stuff (burned out on that from work years), and then parties where you get dragged to it!  

It is interesting how varied our lives are and how we respond to different events!  In any case, have fun if you choose to go!

Respected Contributor

I can think of six I've been to since February.  And two more coming up this month.

Respected Contributor

For a gift-giving event, a wedding last year.

For parties, my group of friends are very social. I give two or three parties per year and attend several more.  I entertain quite a lot. Dinners and happy hour type gatherings with less than 5 people, which I don't consider a full on party.

I enjoy having guests and being a guest!