Esteemed Contributor

Do you believe that just one person was responsible or could it be more or a certain 'fraternity' of killers?  

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

Re: On The Long Island Murders

There have been so many murders, I don't recall the circumstances. Not on our local news daily like it probably is on Long Island.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I've really only seen one documentary on it, probably 20/20 or something like that several years ago, so I really couldn't say.  My impression was that the police didn't want to be bothered with some dead sex workers though. 

Respected Contributor

I think it was one serial killer who committed these murders spread over a period of time. The suspect arrested was 59 yrs. old and an architect. They sound like crimes of opportunity against some of the community's most vulnerable.

Honored Contributor

confused.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Yes, I think it's one person only but haven't heard much about the murders recently until this current arrest. As others mentioned it could have gone cold since it appeared the victims could have been sex workers. Let's just hope this is the culprit once and for all and he is convicted.

Respected Contributor

This man is only linked to 4 of the women found.  There were several more bodies including 1 male and a toddler.  Gilgo Beach was my fave growing up.  Mostly frequented by surfing teens in the 60's.   They believe another man is responsible for the rest of the murders.

Respected Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

Do you believe that just one person was responsible or could it be more or a certain 'fraternity' of killers?  

That's a good question. I forget the details, but there was a 23 minute 911 call made by one of the victims.

The caller was said to sound 'irrational', but she'd said "THEY are trying to kill me."

Later, she was indeed found dead.

Muddling through...
Esteemed Contributor

@sabatini Scary. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

If there was a ping on the phone,why did it take all these years to arrest him?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.