Honored Contributor

Re: On The Long Island Murders

I'm not sure if this the series of murders I was thinking it was.  I remember a series of missing women (mostly call girls) who were murdered.  And they were discovered by an accidental death of another women (not in any way connected)  She kind of freaked out and ran into some swamps and died drowning?  The suspect they had.  Is this the same murders?  Anyone know?

Honored Contributor

The whole thing reminds me of the Texas Killing Field where there were 30 buried bodies found in a 25-sq mile patch of land. Only a few have been solved by confessions from prison inmates or from people who were forced to confess. So it all comes down to really nothing where the victims could be from one single perp or it could be multiples. 

Honored Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

@RetRN wrote:

I wonder how he treated his wife, son, and daughter. Did he come across as a nice guy to others like friends, family, and co-workers? It just seems so bizarre that he got away with this for so long. Hope he never sees the light of day. 

@RetRN   in this youtube interview he came off as kind of a regular guy.  he had an archiectural buildings consulting business... wasn't a fancy homes architect.

L'INTERVIEW with Rex, Dept. Of Buildings consultant & facilitator

@CatsyCline @I watched this interview. He came off as normal during the interview. 

Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

So the other bodies were from other killers?  Thisis a complex story and develpment.  

I wonder where the wife of that guy is and if she ever had a hint he was involved.  

@Puzzle Piece @Authorities are not saying the other bodies were from other killers. They are not saying yes or no. So far, they are able to charge the guy with three cases and they expect to charge for a fourth. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sabatini wrote:

@sabatini wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

Do you believe that just one person was responsible or could it be more or a certain 'fraternity' of killers?  

That's a good question. I forget the details, but there was a 23 minute 911 call made by one of the victims.

The caller was said to sound 'irrational', but she'd said "THEY are trying to kill me."

Later, she was indeed found dead.

OK, so I looked up which victim it was who made the 911 call. Her name was Shannan Gilbert.

Her mom was said to be relentless in trying to find out who killed her daughter.

In a tragic twist, the mom was killed 6 years ago, stabbed to death by one of her other daughters who suffered from schizophrenia.

@sabatini @You can watch a movie about her mother's efforts and Shannon's part of the story in a movie called Lost Girls on Netflix.

Be careful because there's another movie called THE Lost Girls that's about a different case. 

Honored Contributor

@songbird Yes