Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2  😂😂😂. I LOVE your diet, and although I am not on it, I am consuming less buying calories per day.🤪

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

I pick 12 categories that I won't spend on for a month throughout the year,  I've saved A LOT.

Honored Contributor

Dont' have to on that diet.  I work.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2, I commend you for having the willpower to do this.

I have tried to do this before too, and it lasts about 2 weeks with me. I am going to try it again though.

Honored Contributor

We've had minor home repairs in January and February so my goal of no spending (except food and car expenses), didn't pan out. I want to set one month aside to use up Christmas gift cards and keep spending to a minimum.

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

Do you mean you aren't home much so you don't watch, or because you work you can afford things? I make no judgments on how people live their lives, sometimes life throws unforseen things your way.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@songbird wrote:

Do you mean you aren't home much so you don't watch, or because you work you can afford things? I make no judgments on how people live their lives, sometimes life throws unforseen things your way.

That's' great @songbird, I know several people who work, or are very financially comfotable and do not work, they just like saving money more than spending it. 

Apparently, there is great joy in having a huge bank account for some. I don't know by personal experience....

Another thing I have been thinking, is I have enough stuff. I need to use up everything I have, like makeup, hair products, cleaning products and food stuff before I buy more. If I do that, I should be able to save a bundle. 

Honored Contributor

When i am tempted to order from any shopping channel I dont just look at the cost even if it is sale.  I look and add up the tax and shipping!!!  And many times this keeps me from ordering something I dont really even need.  Now and then I will order with free S/H, but Only if its something that I know would not need returned. This has saved me a ton of money.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

@songbird That sounded kind of haughty. 

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

@songbird That sounded kind of haughty. 

It's realistic....majority of people here on the board/view QVC are retirees.