QVC Customer Care

Re: Olympics: Wardrobe Malfunction🙄

Honored Contributor

It's not inconceivable that a lower ranked skater with no chance of winning would do something like this to get press. This pair came in second in the short dance with the distraction and disadvantage of an unsecured costume.

Valued Contributor

That was truly unfortunate.  The poor girl had to make sure not to let it happen again, I felt really  bad for her.

Honored Contributor

It seems odd to me too.  Granted, the costumes are barely there and near naked and designed to show as much as possible, but come on; surely they practice in those costumes to avoid those  malfunctions.  And then there's the body glue.  I can see it happening once to skater but not twice.  

Honored Contributor

I don't think that any competitor would want any type of costume malfunction or distraction of any type.  It would be counter-productive.

'Too bad', because it's a very beautiful costume.  Nice color and design.  Just not enough invisible netting to hold it all together.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

I think it had also been sewn before she took the ice.  I feel bad for her, she must have been mortified.

Esteemed Contributor

@Vivian I can't recall who had the long pieces on her costume last night but I was worried they were too long and would get caught in a skate.  It might have been Chock and Bates.  

Respected Contributor

I wonder why the women skaters wear almost nothing and the men are fully clothed???  Is this a sexist phenomenon?

Frequent Contributor

There have been several "wardrobe malfunctions" this olymics.  I think the ice dancer last night was deliberate.   It looked like his hand deliberately unhooked the neck.  Why? I have no idea why she'd want to skate around with her boob hanging out but it looked deliberate.    If their uniform is at risk of falling off they might want to rethink the entire uniform ...  

Frequent Contributor

High.  I believe they finished second.