Honored Contributor

Re: Olympics Opening Ceremony and Daily Schedule

@sunshine45wrote:

felt so sorry for michael chen tonight during the mens short program. nerves must really be taking their toll on confidence. there was some beautiful figure skating to watch though.

@sunshine45  Nathan Chen, when I googled I said Mark,and you say Michael, lol, and yes, his nerves got to him, maybe in the next olympics.  I thought the winner looked wonderful during his skate.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirlwrote:

@sunshine45wrote:

felt so sorry for michael chen tonight during the mens short program. nerves must really be taking their toll on confidence. there was some beautiful figure skating to watch though.

@sunshine45  Nathan Chen, when I googled I said Mark,and you say Michael, lol, and yes, his nerves got to him, maybe in the next olympics.  I thought the winner looked wonderful during his skate.

LOL OOPS @mousiegirl.....so sorry about that!

yes, nathan chen is still young and has a lot of years ahead of him. hope he can shake it off and perform a great long program though.

i am now looking forward to seeing how well adam rippon does in the long program. there are so many great mens skaters though and it will be difficult to break into the top three.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Saturday, Feb. 17

(all times shown are eastern time zone. schedule subject to change due to weather conditions.)

12:35-2 a.m. -- Women's Freestyle Skiing (slopestyle gold medal final), NBC
12:35-2 a.m. -- Figure Skating – Men's Postgame, NBC
12:30-2:40 a.m. -- Women's Curling: U.S. vs. Olympic Athletes from Russia, NBCSN
2-5 a.m. -- Primetime Encore, NBC
2:40-5 a.m. -- Men's Ice Hockey: Switzerland vs. South Korea, NBCSN (LIVE)
5-7:10 a.m. -- Men's Curling: Canada vs. Sweden, NBCSN
7:10-9:30 a.m.- Men's Ice Hockey: USA vs. Olympic Athletes of Russia, NBCSN
9:30-10:30 a.m. -- Men's Freestyle Skiing (aerials qualifying), NBCSN
10:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m. -- Women's Cross Country (4x5km Relay Gold medal final), NBCSN
11:30 a.m.-12:30 a.m. -- Women's Biathlon (12.5km Mass Start Gold medal final), NBCSN
12:30-1:30 p.m. -- Short Track (men's 1000m and women's 15000 gold medal finals), NBCSN
1:30-2:30 p.m. -- Women's Skeleton (gold medal final runs), NBCSN
2:30-3:30 p.m. -- Men's Ski Jumping (individual large hill gold medal final, NBCSN
3-6 p.m. -- Men's Freestyle Skiing (aerials competition), NBC
3-6 p.m. -- Women's Biathlon (12.5km mass start gold medal final), NBC
3-6 p.m. -- Women's Cross Country (4x5km Relay Gold medal final), NBC
3:30-5:30 p.m. -- Ice Hockey Game of the Day (replay), NBCSN
5-8 p.m. -- Women's Curling: U.S. vs. Canada, CNBC
7-8 p.m. -- Olympic Ice, NBCSN
8–10:10 p.m. -- Men's Freestyle Skiing (slopestyle competition), NBCSN (LIVE)
8-11 p.m. -- Men's Alpine Skiing (giant slalom, first run), NBC (LIVE)
8-11 p.m. -- Short Track (gold medal finals), NBC
8-11 p.m. -- Women's Skeleton (gold medal final runs), NBC
8-11 p.m. -- Men's Ski Jumping (individual large hill gold medal final), NBC
10:10 p.m.-12:30 a.m. -- Men's Ice Hockey: Germany vs. Norway, NBCSN (LIVE)
11:30 p.m.-1:30 a.m. -- Men's Alpine Skiing (Giant slalom, gold medal final run), NBC (LIVE)
11:30 p.m.-1:30 a.m. -- Men's Freestyle Skiing (slopestyle gold medal final), NBC

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45wrote:

@mousiegirlwrote:

@sunshine45wrote:

LOL OOPS @mousiegirl.....so sorry about that!

yes, nathan chen is still young and has a lot of years ahead of him. hope he can shane it off and perform a great long program though.

i am now looking forward to seeing how well adam rippon does in the long program. there are so many great mens skaters though and it will be difficult to break into the top three.

Rippon's a beautiful skater, but since he doesn't have the technical difficulty, I'm surprised he made the team.  Apparently you can't win - or medal at all - without that.

Respected Contributor

What a surprise in the Super G.  Ledecka - a snowboarder - wins on borrowed skis.

Good for her!!!!

Too bad about Vonn.

Honored Contributor

@Isobel Archerwrote:

What a surprise in the Super G.  Ledecka - a snowboarder - wins on borrowed skis.

Good for her!!!!

Too bad about Vonn.

@Isobel Archer

it was crazy! they had pretty much confirmed that veith had won and along comes ledecka and snatches it away......by .01 second! i never heard though why she had to borrow shiffrins skis....was she not supposed to compete in that event and changed her mind?

Honored Contributor

I am glad Nathan Chen redeemed himself, and if he had done better in the short program, he would have won the gold, maybe next time.

I was surprised that some of the skaters who fell last night and made other big errors,  and didn't do quads or only one or two, medaled, was not happy about this, used to be one had to have a clean skate to get to the podium.

I enjoyed the women ski jumpers last night,  more to come.

Honored Contributor

i have to say i have been enjoying all of the sports......even the ones i rarely or never watch.

i was watching some curling tonight and learning more and more about the sport each time i see it. my brother is visiting so he was also explaining some of the rules.

maybe the key is to not loving one sport too much?

while the primetime main NBC channel has been doing a lot of switching out of sports, i have really embraced it all.

i am not a regular figure skating watcher, didnt really follow the scoring all that much, but do appreciate seeing the different styles, the "pushing the envelope jumps," and still see the artistic beauty along with the athleticism. i do remember the eras where USA were contenders in the sport AND when ****** button and peggy fleming were announcers.

loved jim mckay as the host of the entire broadcasts......and he was a maryland man. no one can top him in my opinion.

i am probably in the minority, but there is not one sport i have NOT been interested in.

i have also seen some of the medal ceremonies, but i have had the television on a lot this past week and will have it on this next week. i am watching at home, at work, and while laying in bed. any regular shows i watch have been put on hold. LOL we were even out to dinner tonight and i made the bartender change one of the televisions to the olympic coverage.

looking forward to next week....... ENJOY for those of you who will still be watching. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Sunday, Feb. 18

(all times shown are in eastern time zone. schedule subject to change due to weather conditions.)

12:30-2:40 a.m. -- Men's Curling: U.S. vs. Japan, NBCSN
1:30-4:30 a.m. -- Primetime Encore, NBC
2:40-5 a.m. -- Men's Ice Hockey: Czech Republic vs. Switzerland, NBCSN (LIVE)
5-7:10 a.m. -- Women's Curling: Canada vs. Switzerland, NBCSN
7-9:30 a.m. --  Men's Ice Hockey: Canada vs. South Korea, USA (LIVE)
7:10-9:30 a.m. -- Men's Ice Hockey: Sweden vs. Finland, NBCSN (LIVE)
9:30-10:15 a.m. -- Two-Man Bobsled (competition), NBCSN
10:15-11:15 a.m. -- Men's Freestyle Skiing (Aerials gold medal final), NBCSN
11:15 am.-12 p.m. -- Speed Skating (women's 500m gold medal final, men's team pursuit competition), NBCSN
12-1 p.m. -- Men's Biathlon (15km mass start gold medal final), NBCSN
1-3 p.m. -- Men's Cross Country (4x10km relay gold medal final), NBCSN
3-5 p.m. -- Ice Hockey Game of the Day (replay), NBCSN
3-6 p.m. -- Men's Freestyle Skiing (aerials gold medal final), NBC
3-6 p.m. -- Men's Speed Skating (Team Pursuit Competition), NBC
3-6 p.m. -- Men's Biathlon (15km Mass Start Gold medal final, NBC
4-7 p.m. -- Men's Curling: U.S. vs. Norway, CNBC
7-8 p.m. -- Olympic Ice, NBCSN
7 p.m.-Midnight -- Figure Skating (ice dancing short dance), NBC (LIVE)
7 p.m.-Midnight -- Women's Freestyle Skiing (halfpipe), NBC (LIVE)
7 p.m.-Midnight -- Women's Speed Skating (500m gold medal final), NBC
7 p.m.-Midnight -- Two-Man Bobsled (competition), NBC
7 p.m.-Midnight -- Men's Cross Country (4x10km relay gold medal final), NBC
8-10:15 p.m. -- Figure Skating (ice dancing short dance), NBCSN (LIVE)
10:15-11:10 p.m. -- Men's Freestyle Skiing (aerials gold medal final), NBCSN
11 p.m.-1:30 a.m. -- Women's Ice Hockey (semifinal), NBCSN (LIVE)

Honored Contributor

my brother told me to definitely watch the mens biathlon today (mass start). it will be on both nbc and nbcsn. it must have been exciting.