Honored Contributor

Re: Olympics Opening Ceremony!

wrote:

I've already seen the opening ceremony.  Just wanted to share.....

HE'S BAAAAAAAAAACK!!!

Where do I apply to help him get ready for the Closing Ceremonies?  I am available and will bring the my own oil bottle.  Smiley WinkSmiley Tongue

Honored Contributor

No thank you. Boycotting.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

I've already seen the opening ceremony.  Just wanted to share.....

HE'S BAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2018-02-09 at Fri, Feb 9, 2018-9.25.11 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-02-09 at Fri, Feb 9, 2018-9.25.32 PM.png

LOL!!!!

I absolutely LOVE that he learned a new sport so he could compete here.  How great is this guy???

Katie got a kick out of him for sure.

I really enjoyed the broadcast this time.  I thought Mike and Katie did a great job, allowing us to watch the program without constantly talking.  I think just the 2 of them with that other guy interjecting every once in a while was much better than previous opening ceremonies where they had a whole panel talking non-stop over each other and giggling and joking around.  Maybe it was a little too "Golf Channel" but I enjoyed it.

I have to guess Katie named her own price to be a part of this.  NBC needed her more than she needed them.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

The ceramony was really cool, but the constant yaking by NBC was awful.  This is not Katie Couric's calling.   

Respected Contributor

wrote:

I'm curious.

Why @Shanus?

Respected Contributor

Must be me. I find the opening ceremony boring. I tried to watch but just couldn't do it. 

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

I'm curious.

Why @Shanus?

@Ms tyrion2  Don’t want to hijack thread or cause negativity to those who enjoy Olympics, but boycotting over the use of dogs being killed in cruel manner, consumed as food and now being served in restaurants while other countries are there. They had agreed to not serve “dog meat” in public eateries during Olympics and are not adhering to that. 

Honored Contributor

I haen't watched since the wonderful announcer who had such a beautiful voice passed away

He always did such a fine job telling us about the teamsi and how they were dressed. I enjoyed him so much. After he was gone ithey did not do the job he did. They gabbed and chatted iinstead of giving me the information I loved hearing

Respected Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

I'm curious.

Why @Shanus?

@Ms tyrion2  Don’t want to hijack thread or cause negativity to those who enjoy Olympics, but boycotting over the use of dogs being killed in cruel manner, consumed as food and now being served in restaurants while other countries are there. They had agreed to not serve “dog meat” in public eateries during Olympics and are not adhering to that. 

Thanks, @Shanus

Honored Contributor

Re: Olympics Opening Ceremony and Schedule

for those who will be watching the events......

All times Eastern

Saturday, Feb. 10

2-3:05 a.m. -- Women's Cross-Country Skiing (skiathlon gold medal final), NBCSN (LIVE)
3:05-5 a.m. -- Curling (mixed doubles): USA vs. China, NBCSN
5-7:35 a.m. -- Men's and Women's Short Track Speed Skating (men's 1500, qualifying in women's 500M and 3000M relay), NBCSN (LIVE)
7:35-9:15 a.m -- Men's Ski Jumping (normal hill gold medal final), NBCSN LIVE)
7-9:35 a.m. -- Women's Hockey: Switzerland vs. Korea, USA (LIVE)
9:15-11:30 a.m. -- Men's Snowboarding (slopestyle qualifying), NBCSN
11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. -- Men's Luge (singles), NBCSN
1-3 p.m. -- Women's Speed Skating (women's 3,000M), NBCSN
1-3 p.m. -- Biathlon (women's 7.5km sprint)
3-6 p.m. -- Short Track Speed Skating (men's 1500M gold medal final, women's qualifying in 500M, 3000M relay), NBC
3-6 p.m. -- Men's Ski Jumping (individual normal hill gold medal final), NBC
3-6 p.m. -- Men's Snowboarding (slopestyle qualifying), NBC
3-6 p.m. -- Men's Luge (singles competition), NBC
3-5 p.m. -- Curling (mixed doubles): USA vs. Norway, NBCSN
8-11 p.m. -- Figure Skating Team Event (ice dancing short program, ladies' short program), NBC (LIVE)
8-11 p.m. -- Men's Alpine Skiing (downhill), NBC
8-9:45 p.m. -- Men's Snowboarding (slopestyle gold medal final), NBCSN (LIVE)
9:45-11:30 p.m. -- Curling (mixed doubles): USA vs. Finland, NBCSN
11:30 p.m.-12:30 a.m. -- Figure Skating Team Event (pairs' free skate), NBC (LIVE)
11:30 p.m.-1:30 a.m. -- Women's Snowboarding (slopestyle qualifying), NBCSN (LIVE)

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein