Honored Contributor

Re: Olympics Opening Ceremony!

we are enjoying the opening ceremonies!

loved the displays and the parade of nations.

usa looked like they were having a GREAT time.

stayed in tonight just to watch the event.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Love the Jamaican women's bobsled team!

Honored Contributor

The Kazakstan team looks like they're wearing lab coats.  Feel sorry for them as most teams look very stylish.  

Honored Contributor

South Korea put on a spectacular opening ceremony with fireworks, lighting shows and cast of hundreds.  I liked Denmark's outfits the best for their athletes which were white jackets with narrow black trim and gray sock beanies and everyone carried a Denmark small flag.  I always look to see who I like best as far as design.  I am going to enjoy the next couple of weeks watching all the different sports.  Go U.S.A.!!!!!   HeartCat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

thought it was touching how both the jamaican flag bearer and the iranian flag bearer had tears in their eyes as they were walking around the stadium.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I wish it had been longer. So incredibly beautiful and creative. I teared up.

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Regular Contributor

One of the men's USA luge athletes Tucker West is from my town in Connecticut. So proud!! Signs everywhere here for Team Tucker. All the cashiers in Stop n Shop were wearing Team Tucker Tshirts. #smalltownpride

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I might be wrong but It looked like our govt. representatives were the only people sitting when those cute Korean athletes came into the arena near the end of the parade/ introduction.  All the other countries stood....Must have been the 'cold air' that kept them down.  Gorgeous ceremony  I must say.  Everything was a thrill...I do want one of those Ralph Lauren sweaters.  Dont you just love the winter games?!

Respected Contributor

Wonderful show!  Loved the animatatron tiger and phoenix.  Also loved how their message was harmony, despite differences and of course, peace.

Thought the South Korean singers singing Imagine were in beautiful harmony-  And the laser light shows and fireworks... amazing.   Memorable entertainment-  

Respected Contributor

I caught a few glimpses of the opening ceremonies. But for me the most wonderful thing last night was my first visit with my newest great granddaughter from another state. Cutest thing anywhere last night. Family came in for Mardi Gras and I got to baby-sit.