Honored Contributor

Olympics Ice Dancing - Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir (Canada)

I love the Winter Olympics and I've followed these two for a while. Their dances are truly amazing and they totally bring the chemistry! They have their work cut out for them tonight; although they are the favorite couple to win, they are not a "shoo- in."

I love romance and love stories, and these two know how to play it. Many assume they are a couple IRL. They won't confirm or deny. They just keep saying, "It's complicated." Scott did date another skater for a while, and who knows what their private life is? Smiley Wink

This is one of the best articles I've read that explains why people want them to be a couple. It also talks about how long they've been partners (20 years), and what their chemistry looks like to others. If you like to watch them, you'll find this interesting:

From Canada's newspaper The National Post:

The Performance of Intimacy: Why the World Can't Stop Watching Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir

Honored Contributor

Re: Olympics Ice Dancing - Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir (Canada)

I’ve been following them since 2009. They are just excellent. 

This will sound ridiculous, but I’m nervous because the free dance is tonight. I’m really pulling for them.  Watch through my fingers time. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

I watched a bio of them on YT.  They were "kids" when they started out together.

In one interview Tessa said, Scott would be the only one she'd ever skate with.

I can't believe after all these years, they are not married.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

Love the clothing worn by German couple Lorenz/Polizoakis.  Romantic and demure, just like their music.

Respected Contributor

They were just lovely.

Honored Contributor

I thought I just heard recdntly that they used to date but now are good friends? Or am I thinking of another couple?

I did get to see their dance last night and it was beautiful and not at all boring!

I thought just the lower scoring long dances were on tonight.

Does anyone else think that 4 minutes seems so long?!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

For whatever reason, they (TV coverage) keep jumping around to other sports.  And I don't know exactly when the ice dancing segments will be aired.  Others I know are saying the same.

Whenever I've luckily run across it, I thoroughly enjoy it.

I'm not interested in any of the other sports coverage, though.

I am always on 'pins and needles' watching ice dancing.  I'm forever wishing that each skater won't have any falls or injuries. 

Ice dancing/skating has come a long, long way compared with the competition of many years ago. All I can say is 'Wow'.   Wishing each of them the best of luck. Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

I love them, and I love their choices of music to skate to also! 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

I prefered the French couple and was disappointed they didn't get gold. I wasn't impressed with the Americans, didn't think they deserved third place.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

They did it! I'm so glad. I think they should retire now, because the younger couples coming up have more energy and athletic prowess. The French couple, who trains with them and is probably close to them, was right on their heels. At the next Olympics they will be 34 and 32. Time to go out on top. Smiley Happy

The couples were all so good. It's really bad the one US couple Chock/Bates fell. They also train with Virtue/Moir and Papadakis/Cizeron. They are young, so I expect great things from them. I really like how gracious Madison Chock was in an interview, talking so admirably about the other two couples.  But first they have to get by the "Shib sibs," who didn't look too happy even though they got the Bronze medal. 

BTW Chock and Bates admitted they are in love and have been dating since they were teenagers. Heart

Always the pros, Virtue/Moir were so emotional during the dance. I was hoping Scott would give Tessa a big kiss when they finished the program! Smiley Wink

NBC's coverage is awful. They switched right away to news or snowboarding instead of taking a few minutes to show the medal ceremony. They did that with Shaun White's gold medal award too. I haven't been watching nonstop, but I have yet to see a medal ceremony. Smiley Mad

Kudos to Tanith Belbin White's commentary. She doesn't chatter all of the way through the performances, and when she does talk we learn something interesting. I think Terry Gannon is good too. Smiley Happy