Contributor

Re: Olympics Ice Dancing - Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir (Canada)

If you have NBCSN on your cable, they do not jump around....

Once the Ice Skating is going to be on (7pm) Central time, (8pm) Eastern time, I go

right to this channel instead of the regular NBC channel....then later in the evening, 

usually in Prime Time I will go back to the regular NBC channel......for coverage.....

Hope this helps a little.  

Honored Contributor

@Poopiewrote:

If you have NBCSN on your cable, they do not jump around....

Once the Ice Skating is going to be on (7pm) Central time, (8pm) Eastern time, I go

right to this channel instead of the regular NBC channel....then later in the evening, 

usually in Prime Time I will go back to the regular NBC channel......for coverage.....

Hope this helps a little.  

Thanks @Poopie - it does help! I think SN was what I was watching tonight (last night), then at around 9:30 p.m. they said they were going to be showing the hockey game and we should switch to the regular channel for ice dancing. But I'll check it tonight. Still too many commercials! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am so, so thrilled that Virtue and Moir won. I went to bed early last night so I recorded it and started watching at 1:30 this morning when I woke up and couldn’t go back to sleep. 

I’m just really pleased and so happy for them. Watching them skate for the last several years has brought me a lot of joy. Good for them. 

So now it’s 3:05 AM and I’m wide awake. Oh well. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@occasionalrainwrote:

I prefered the French couple and was disappointed they didn't get gold. I wasn't impressed with the Americans, didn't think they deserved third place.

Agree about the Shib Sibs.  For some reason brother/sister ice dancing teams don't appeal to me.  I think part of the sport is to appear couple-ish, so the brother/sister thing is kind of off-putting.

Esteemed Contributor

@faeriemoonwrote:

@occasionalrainwrote:

I prefered the French couple and was disappointed they didn't get gold. I wasn't impressed with the Americans, didn't think they deserved third place.

Agree about the Shib Sibs.  For some reason brother/sister ice dancing teams don't appeal to me.  I think part of the sport is to appear couple-ish, so the brother/sister thing is kind of off-putting.

---------------

I have thought the same thing...their skate is missing that "romantic" flair.  Though they skate well and are cute, their moves are so robotic!  I also enjoyed both the  French and the Canadians.  But maybe time for the Canadians to retire while they are on top!

Contributor

I agree 100 percent about Tanith White's commentary. She did a superb job explaining the subtle nuances of ice dancing.  I learned a great deal from her while watching.  

Virtue and Moir's Moulin Rouge dance was spectacular. 

Honored Contributor

I really dislike brother sister teams in ice dancing & pair skating. In both types  they promote "romance"  Ugh...with the brother & sister teams.  There was one brother-sister teams that put romantic poses in their ice dance.  So much so, that people complained about it. 

On the other hand that Virtue/Moir is a turn off to me.  They are "professional lovers" on the ice.  No they are not a couple off ice.  Gazing moo moo eyes at each other with their mouths always open, from beginning to end. They are primary reason I stopped watching ice dancing. That and the fact it's not athletic enough.  Though more athletic stunts have been put in to it.  Still very tame comparred to pairs skating. 

Trusted Contributor

They we stunning on the ice.  Im so happy they got the GOLD !

They are beauty on ice !

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Wasn't a big fan of Virtue and Moir.  Not sure why.

Personally, I thought the program of the USA's Madison Hubbell and Zachary Donahue was fantastic.  He had that unfortunate mistake, but I still thought they were better than the brother/sister duo. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdivawrote:

Wasn't a big fan of Virtue and Moir.  Not sure why.

Personally, I thought the program of the USA's Madison Hubbell and Zachary Donahue was fantastic.  He had that unfortunate mistake, but I still thought they were better than the brother/sister duo. 

Agree!!  They were MUCH better than the Shibs; even with the slip.

@Lipstickdiva