Esteemed Contributor

Re: Olympics Beach Volley Ball

@Winkk   You took the words right out of my mouth!!  And what about the skimpy (on the bottom) outfits for the women gymnasts??  Talk about exploiting women/girls.  So the guys wear shorts (floor exercises) or leotards (high bars) and the girls have half of their bottoms hanging out.......disgusting.

Esteemed Contributor

@On It wrote:

@Winkk Thank you for posting this. I thought I was just being a prude, but I cannot believe how skimpy these uniforms are.

@On It  You're not a prude!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

@Puppy Lips  I agree 100%.  In fact, I just change the channel when they are on the air.  

@Krimpette   I won't watch the women's beach volleyball either.  Too disgusting.

Trusted Contributor

Congrats to the Norwegian women's beach volleyball team for taking a stand and the fine for wearing shorts.  I heard there is also a push for female gymnasts to be able to wear unitards.  One has to question the veracity of a woman who says they feel comfortable in a wedgie, never mind the unnecessary exposure.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Esteemed Contributor

US pop star Pink has offered to pay the fines handed out to the Norwegian women's beach handball team, after they wore shorts like their male counterparts instead of bikini bottoms.  They had the full support of the Norwegian Sports Federation.  Way to go Ladies.  Let the teams wear what they are most comfortable in.  

Honored Contributor

This is sure to be an upopular comment, but I always thought beach volleyball was a kind of stupid sport, invented only to highlight women in skimpy bathing suits.

it could just as easily be played on regular ground in an appropriate uniform.

Honored Contributor

@Deree wrote:

Congrats to the Norwegian women's beach volleyball team for taking a stand and the fine for wearing shorts.  I heard there is also a push for female gymnasts to be able to wear unitards.  One has to question the veracity of a woman who says they feel comfortable in a wedgie, never mind the unnecessary exposure.

@Deree I don't know about leotards for gymastics if you are referring to one piece head to toe leotards.  I would think the feel and even slip could be different on some apparatuses like the uneven parallel bars which chould actually be dangerous.  And I would consider even those skimpy outfits they wear now to be more comfortable than a full-body suit in some of those poses like side splits. I would imagine that leotard would be pulling against what they are trying to do like pantyhose.  

Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

This is sure to be an upopular comment, but I always thought beach volleyball was a kind of stupid sport, invented only to highlight women in skimpy bathing suits.

@faeriemoon @My comment is probably going to be even more unpopular than yours.... LOL. But .....no pun intended..... While some of the athletes might not like wearing the skimpy attire, plenty of women do......all you have to do is go to the beach, public swimming pools, view the countless selfies online, etc....   👙

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Trusted Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Deree wrote:

@Deree I don't know about leotards for gymastics if you are referring to one piece head to toe leotards.  I would think the feel and even slip could be different on some apparatuses like the uneven parallel bars which chould actually be dangerous.  And I would consider even those skimpy outfits they wear now to be more comfortable than a full-body suit in some of those poses like side splits. I would imagine that leotard would be pulling against what they are trying to do like pantyhose.  

@Icegoddess  I don't know the exact material they would use -- I'm sure it would be something appropriate for traction -- but yes, head to toe, much like the men's gymnastics team wears long, stretchy slim pants and they have to work the same equipment.  It's about time.  It's the 21st century already.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Trusted Contributor

@SloopJohnB wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@faeriemoon @My comment is probably going to be even more unpopular than yours.... LOL. But .....no pun intended..... While some of the athletes might not like wearing the skimpy attire, plenty of women do......all you have to do is go to the beach, public swimming pools, view the countless selfies online, etc....   👙

@faeriemoon   I used to play semi-pro volleyball.  Playing volleyball on sand is more difficult and requires slightly different skills as you can imagine just because the surface is variable.

@SloopJohnB  Skimpily dressed women at the beach and women who take selfies are all about attention.  When you're a world-class athlete, using your skill to compete, being skimpily dressed is hardly necessary or even appropriate imo.