Respected Contributor

Is anyone watching? Very compelling and beautiful opening ceremony. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Olympic opening ceremony

No, I have never been interested. To those who watch enjoy. 

Trusted Contributor

I'm watching, but so unfortunate that no live audience to watch these talented performers. I can't see the athletes competing at their best without the encouragement of in-person fans. IMO Olympics should have been postponed one more year.

Esteemed Contributor

It's wonderful! I love it! I love everything Olympic!

It's fabulous that these ceremonies are being held!

Esteemed Contributor

They should have postponed another year. Very sad for the hard working athletes, but safety first.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm watching long enough to see my favorite NBA Spurs player, Patrick "Patty" Mills carry in the Australian flag, and he considers it an honor to do so...Due to the behavior of some of the athletes, Im not watching with the exception of the US vs Australia mens basketball game----Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!) 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

They should have waited another year and then maybe spectators could be there to cheer them on.yes,safety first!

Esteemed Contributor

Had no idea it was on now - Will watch the rerun tonight. Another “ding” against the Tokyo Olympics is the time delay (which I know often happens - it’s just worse when it’s on the other side of the world) 🙁
Esteemed Contributor

There is no delay.  It is airing live right now in real time.

Honored Contributor

I watched a few minutes.  IMO, it's sad and strange having these athletes walk into an empty stadium.  The ceremonies should have been skipped, go straight to the competitions and shorten the length of time for the games.  So very unfortunate for these athletes who have trained for years.