Honored Contributor

Re: Olympic beach volleyball

@Mellie32

well, not ALL of us.....

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Those wedgies have to be uncomfortable especially when you're jumping around all over the place.

Contributor

Future enforcements should help alleviate the discomfort
Honored Contributor

@hckynutI'm agreeing with you and I'm probably older than you are, John.

Maybe I don't find it disgusting because I'm used to seeing that "uniform" or less on the beaches near where I live and even at the condo pool, and even along the streets of my town. The Olympians at least show us well-toned bodies that do their bikinis proud.

I doubt anyone forces the volleyball players into those outfits - these are disciplined, determined women we're talking about.  If they wanted different outfits to make their play better, they'd insist. on getting them.

Respected Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

I do not see it as exploiting anything but these lady's talents. Seen more uncovered skin in a shopping mall. Do you have an explanation for those that dress this way(are they exploiting themselves)?

Just my opinion, along with a question.

Thank you

You see more uncovered skin at the mall than you do watching Women's Beach Volleyball?

Where is this mall?

Honored Contributor

My last thought on this:

I don't see more than this at my local mall because no one is walking around in a bathing suit. At the BEACH or the BOARDWALK, then yes. I expect it too because... we are at the BEACH.

If you're hanging out with friends/family in bathing suits (no matter how skimpy) or clothes and a game of beach vollyball starts, then yeah, you're going to play in whatever you're wearing.

The difference in the Olympics is that you're competing in a sport where the men are wearing clothing that is 180 degrees DIFFERENT from what the women are wearing. The question is why? And don't tell me all the closeup butt and b**b shots of the females are by accident; I haven't seen the same shots of the men. 

BTW, the teens in my family (males and females) talk about this a LOT. HS to college and their friends. The males LOVE it. The females do NOT. 

In any event, there it is.

Contributor

Future endorsements should help alleviate the discomfort
Respected Contributor

@annie315 wrote:
Future endorsements should help alleviate the discomfort

@Lol @annie315!  I didn't understand what you meant in your previous post, but didn't want to look stupid by asking in case I was missing something. Did you know you can edit your post by clicking on the 3 little dots in the upper right corner of your post box?  That way, you don't have to make any corrections in a new post.  :-)

Respected Contributor

Most of the gals playing (beach) volleyball are very small on top.  I wonder if they use some type of adhesive to keep the bra-lettes from totally riding up while they're playing.  they certainly makeup for it with their bottoms!

Respected Contributor

I remember this topic came up during the last Olympics.   Lol

They wear what they want to wear.   If they were uncomfortable, they wouldn't wear it.  

BTW, the men's diving athletes wear the skimpiest little Speedos.  Women wear one-piece suits.  I don't hear anyone complaining about that.  Lol