Honored Contributor

Re: Olivia Newton John-Stage 4 Cancer

@drizzellla wrote:

Since she has had cancer before, I am surprised that the current cancer is stage 4. I go to the surgeon's every 6 months and the cancer doctor every 6 months. They are making sure that my cancer does not reoccur.

This is the 3rd time she has had cancer. I would have hoped her Doctor's would have caught it before it went to stage 4. I am so sorry that her cancer was not caught sooner.

@drizzellla 

Likely she was also going every 6mos, that’s pretty standard.  Good you are having follow-up, and that you are doing well.

Really, there are not separate occurrences.  There are remissions when the disease is dormant, and then it can flare up.  Follow - up is to check for this.

It does sound as if she went through the stages over a period of years.

I’m pretty sure, like you, she hoped it would have been caught sooner.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

I have always admired her as a person and an entertainer.  We are the same age.  I pray for her and her family.  Heart 

Honored Contributor

There is a country radio station I listen to. The other day they had, on the air, a live interview with ONJ. She sounded great! They asked about her health and she said she is doing just fine. Nothing dire or negative. Take what you read with a grain of salt.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

She has always been one of my favorite personalities and has such a beautiful voice.  She has not always had such an easy life either.  She is lovely and exhibits such a positive attitude.  I hope she is able to beat this.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

Since she has had cancer before, I am surprised that the current cancer is stage 4. I go to the surgeon's every 6 months and the cancer doctor every 6 months. They are making sure that my cancer does not reoccur.

This is the 3rd time she has had cancer. I would have hoped her Doctor's would have caught it before it went to stage 4. I am so sorry that her cancer was not caught sooner.

This is an inaccurate assumption. My father recently passed away from cancer.  5 years ago he had an occurance, surgery to remove half a lung.  Was monitored routinely with no reoccurance.Then it was back with a vengeance. Three months later he was gone, Radiation and Chemo did nothing at that point.  Enjoy each moment.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

I've always liked her.  I saw her perform in Las Vegas years ago and she was sooo pretty. I wish her all the best. 

Esteemed Contributor

She is beautiful inside & out.I wish her the best.It must be extremely difficult to battle cancer in the public eye & then to have it constantly reoccur.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have always liked her as actress and singer. She seems like such a sweet soul.  I totally understand her not wanting to know how long!

Respected Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

Breast cancer has become more of a chronic disease in that rears it's ugly head no matter how diligent one is in monitoring it and going through treatment. Just about everyone I know ,myself included, have had reoccurances of BC in spite of getting checked out every 6 months. Some have gotten metastatic disease, others another bout of cancer localized to the breast. Each time requires new treatment and a start from scratch. Please know that your docs are doing the best they can for you but they cannot predict or make sure your cancer does not return.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor

I love her music and acting and she brightened up my life and the lives of many. Beautiful lady!❤️