Respected Contributor

Olivia Newton John-Stage 4 Cancer

[ Edited ]

Sad for her and her husband and Family.

As she battles cancer for the third time, Olivia Newton-John is not focusing on how much time she may have left.

The 70-year-old singer and actress sat down with “60 Minutes Australia” to talk about living with stage 4 breast cancer.

“When you’re given a cancer diagnosis or a scary honest diagnosis, you’re suddenly given a possibility of a time limit,” she said.

“If somebody tells you, you have six months to live, very possibly you will because you believe that,” Newton-John continued. “So for me, psychologically, it’s better not to have any idea of what they expect or what the last person that has what you have lived, so I don’t, I don’t tune in.”

The beloved star was first diagnosed with breast cancer in 1992 and again in 2013, but chose to keep that battle private.

Now that cancer has returned, Newton-John said she’s been using cannabis oil to help manage her pain.

“I really believe the cannabis has made a huge difference,” she said. “If I don’t take the drops, I can feel the pain, so I know it’s working.”

She’s taken a break from work and is focusing on helping others.

Newton-John expressed gratitude during her interview in the midst of her illness.

“I’m so lucky that I’ve been through this three times and I’m still here,” she said. “I’m living with it. Every day is a gift now, particularly now.”

Honored Contributor

Re: Olivia Newton John-Stage 4 Cancer

I always thought she was so pretty, I am so sorry to hear this, very sad!

Honored Contributor

I saw her on tv a few years ago and she still sang great and looked lovely. Sad news.

Honored Contributor

I hope she fights this cancer with everything thing she has. Cancer doesn't care if your rich or poor, gay or straight, male or female, your race, ethnicity, religion, it's an equal opportunity disease.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wish her all the best.

olivia newton-john.jpg

Here's an interview with her. I think it was done recently.

https://youtu.be/oqUlIcU6Dy0

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

ONJ is such a benign soul, I loved her in Grease, so sorry to hear her cancer is back and worse. My BIL has been living with prostate cancer for 15 years and he's around ONJ age. Cancer is like anything else I guess, it is what you make it. If you go home and lay down to die, you do.

Honored Contributor

Some people rather than just lay down to die have a wonderfully upbeat spirit.  I hope she can be pain free and can enjoy the beauty around her ❤️

Honored Contributor

Since she has had cancer before, I am surprised that the current cancer is stage 4. I go to the surgeon's every 6 months and the cancer doctor every 6 months. They are making sure that my cancer does not reoccur.

This is the 3rd time she has had cancer. I would have hoped her Doctor's would have caught it before it went to stage 4. I am so sorry that her cancer was not caught sooner.

QVC Customer Care
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

recurring cancer can spread like wildfire.  Its a sad but true statement. All the Pet scans in the world dont always help and sometimes the cancer is resilient to treatment. I hope yours never comes back. I know you didnt mean it to sound this way but it came across as blaming her for not catching it sooner.  Sometimes bad stuff just happens to good people no matter what you do. God bless anyone who has had cancer or is battling it now.